AND THE WINNERS ARE...
The Rally is over and we have our winners!
The Supreme Award, for the car that cost the least to complete the Rally, including fuel and road user charges, went to the new hybrid car, the Honda Insight S, costing just $147.83 to cover the distance.
The Driver Award, for the team that achieved the greatest percentage improvement on the manufacturer’s fuel consumption figure, went to Emma Gilmour, Donald Holder and Stan Tucker driving the Subaru WRX STI, beating the manufacturer’s figure by almost 23%.
The Environmental Award, for the car that completed the distance with the lowest overall CO2 emissions, went to the Toyota Prius which emitted 102.11 grams CO2 per kilometre.
The Class and Category Winners are:
- Small - Honda Jazz 1.3
- Compact - Honda Insight S
- Medium - Toyota Camry Hybrid
- Large - BMW 520d SE Sedan
- Small Lifestyle- Mitsubishi ASX Sport 1.8L 4WD Diesel
- Large Lifestyle - Subaru Outback 2.0D Euro Spec
- Petrol - Suzuki Alto AMF310GL
- Diesel - Mini Cooper d
- Hybrid - Toyota Prius
Single entry categories
- Micro - Suzuki Alto AMF310GL
- Commercial - Volkswagen Transporter TDI
For full results see Final results
2010 AA ENERGYWISE™ Rally Route
The AA ENERGYWISE™ Rally route covers approximately 1780 kilometres over four days. Starting in Auckland the rally cars follow a specified route to Wellington and back to Auckland.