Terms and Conditions
1. Entry to the competition constitutes acceptance of these conditions. All entry instructions and information published by NZAA form part of these conditions.
2. The competition shall run from 1 November 2017 until 30 November 2017.
3. You can enter the competition by voting on your choice of Car of the Year, through the New Zealand AA website.
4. All entrants must complete the online entry form and submit it via the website to be eligible for the prize.
5. NZAA reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of any entry and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process.
6. Failure by NZAA to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Errors and omissions will be accepted at our discretion.
7. Entrants are responsible for all content submitted as part of their entry. NZAA shall not be liable in any way for such content to the full extent permitted by law. NZAA may remove any content from the competition on Facebook without notice, for any reason whatsoever.
8. The major travel prize includes a 9 night Pacific Island Hopper cruise for two people, in an ocean view cabin departing Auckland with P&O Cruises. Only one cruise prize will be given away. Further details about this specific cruise prize can be found online here.
9. Competition winners will be picked randomly by computer. All decisions by NZAA are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Prize winners will be notified and announced on 13 December 2017 following the promotion period.
11. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
12. If any prize (or part thereof) becomes unavailable for whatever reason, NZAA reserves the right to substitute that prize or part of that prize for an item of an equivalent value.
13. Winners will be contacted via email address provided at the time of entry. Entrants should ensure their contact details are correct at the time of entry. If no contact with the winner is made after 3 attempts, NZAA may select a new prize winner at their discretion.
14. Upon contact from NZAA, winners will be required to provide their full name as per their passport, and address details.
15. Entry is open to all residents of New Zealand except for employees and District Councillors of NZAA and their immediate families who are not eligible to win a prize.
16. NZAA reserves the right to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunctions or problems with the internet or network congestion, including injury or damage to a participant’s or any other person’s computer related to participation in this Competition, or problems with transmission of entries over the internet.
17. To the fullest extent permitted by law NZAA will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of participating in the competition or accepting or using a prize(s). Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify the entrant’s rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act.
18. No responsibility is accepted by NZAA for entries that are late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or lost, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access telecommunications network services, or any other error or malfunction whatsoever, and is in no way liable for any entries not lodged, or incorrectly lodged, in the competition database.
19. Records of all entries become and remain the property of NZAA. Unless otherwise advised by the entrant, all entries will be entered into a database and NZAA reserves the right to use entrants’ data for marketing purposes.
20. In accordance with the provisions of the NZAA Privacy Act 1993, entrants’ personal information will be stored with NZAA and used for the purposes of conducting the competition and in accordance with clause 19 above. Entrants may seek access to and request the correction or removal of their personal information held by NZAA by contacting us online or by mail to : The Privacy Officer, New Zealand Automobile Association Incorporated, PO Box 5, Shortland Street, Auckland 1140
21. NZAA reserves the right to cancel, suspend, terminate or modify the competition if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond reasonable control adversely affects our ability to conduct the Competition as contemplated in these terms and conditions, subject to any written directions from any regulatory authority. Any cancellation or modification to the competition will be notified on the NZAA Facebook Page and via email.
22. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to NZAA and not to Facebook.