Defensive Driving for Experienced Drivers
Please note: If you are a company car driver, the Defensive Driving for Fleet & Business course is more appropriate for you.
AA Driving School has developed a classroom training programme for fully licensed drivers who want to update their driving skills and knowledge. The course teaches positive driving behaviours and a responsible philosophy towards ourselves and other road users.
As motorists, we spend a lot of time in our vehicles. Driving requires us to be alert, understand our own abilities, assess the attitudes of other road users and be aware of the environment around us. We can all benefit by being taught to do it properly.
Defensive Driving for Experienced Drivers is for individuals who are interested in becoming safer drivers who want to help to create a safer road environment for their families and other road users in New Zealand.
The Defensive Driving for Experienced Drivers course is taught over 3 hours in a classroom. It teaches you to :
- Manage and reduce your driving risks on the road
- Understand your own driving profile
- Search and scan
- Identify hazards and how to respond to them
- How to cope with road conditions and handling the vehicle
- Gain a certificate which is a valid workplace qualification - the course contributes towards a number of NZQA Unit Standards (in particular 3465)
- Learn new skills to make you a safer driver and reduce the likelihood of a crash
- Reduce maintenance costs by implementing new driving behaviours
- Save money by saving fuel on every journey