Know where you stand. Our statistics below show your chances of passing the learner licence theory test.
Set yourself up for success and use our valuable tools to prepare. Buy a Road Code, try our Road Code Quiz or, even better, test yourself with AA Road Code Practice Tests! The combination of these three study tools will ensure you have done all you can to pass the test first time round.
Learner licence test pass rates
Tap or roll over each graph to see the exact percentage numbers.
September 2017 results by age
September 2017 results by gender
- Data is limited to Class 1 (Car) learner licence tests sat during the month of September
- 'Total' reflects all tests, regardless of test result
- 'Pass rate' is calculated from 'sat' tests (tests resulted as Pass, Fail and Stopped)
- Gender data excludes gender type 'Indeterminate'
- Data is current as at 1 October 2017
* Source: NZTA