We are committed to treating any complaint seriously and putting things right as fairly and quickly as possible. If you would like to make a complaint about an AA Life Contact Centre Sales Consultant contact us by:
- Phone on 0800 808 410
- Writing to Attn: AA Life Contact Centre Sales Manager PO Box 894 Wellington 6140
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Asteron Life and AA Life have a formal complaints resolution process which requires that a manager is aware of all complaints under investigation. If at any time you are not satisfied with the resolution process, you can request that your complaint be escalated.
We will acknowledge your complaint within 24 hours of receiving it. If it cannot be resolved straight away our process will be to:
- Provide a response or progress report within 5 working days
- If you are not satisfied with the response the case will be escalated to the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Team for review.
- If the CRM Team is unable to resolve the matter and it is within the jurisdiction of the Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman Scheme, a Letter of Deadlock can be issued which allows your complaint to be referred to the Ombudsman.
Complaints relating to Claims decisions
There is a slightly different process for complaints relating to Claims decisions.
- If you are unhappy with a Claim payment decision the Claims Manager will review the claim and confirm the outcome to you.
- If you are not satisfied with this outcome, you will be invited to write to the Asteron Life Claims Review Committee (CRC) detailing your reasons for disagreeing with the decision.
- If the CRC is unable to resolve your complaint and it is within the jurisdiction of the Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman Scheme, a Letter of Deadlock can be issued, so that it can be referred to Ombudsman’s Dispute Resolution Scheme.
Who is the External Dispute Resolution Provider for AA Life and Asteron Life QFE?
Both AA Life and the Asteron Life QFE are participants of the Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman Scheme (the Ombudsman). The Ombudsman is an approved External Dispute Resolution Provider for disputes relating to the financial adviser services provided by the Asteron Life QFE’s nominated representatives and employees and, or AA Life. This includes any disputes related to advice provided by AA Life Contact Centre Sales Consultants as nominated representatives of the Asteron Life QFE. Please note that the Ombudsman‘s office is unable to investigate a complaint until AA Life or Asteron Life have issued a ‘Letter of Deadlock’ to confirm that our internal complaints resolution process has been completed. The Ombudsman’s service is also subject to certain jurisdictional limits and is free for consumers to use.
For more information on the Ombudsman's service, please contact them at:
The Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman Scheme
PO Box 10-845 Wellington 6143
Free phone 0800 888 202