Please read the following terms carefully – signing up to AA Ignition means that you agree to these.
You can sign-up to AA Ignition (3 free driving lessons) if you:
- hold a learner driver licence that was issued within the last two months
- are an AA Member or have a family member (parent/ grandparent/aunt/uncle/ brother/ sister) who is an AA Member, and
- have a valid email address
Each individual AA Membership (including Associate Memberships) is eligible to access AA Ignition once every two years.
You can become an AA Member (including Associate and Youth Membership) and apply for this offer once per learner licence (providing that you meet the eligibility criteria).
There are no age restrictions, as long as you meet the licence and Membership criteria.
The free driving lessons will be conducted in the driving instructor’s dual controlled vehicle for your safety.
We provide driving lessons in either a manual or automatic in the main cities (Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin, Hamilton and Tauranga). Smaller towns may only provide one transmission type.
You must provide a minimum of 24 hours notice to change a lesson booking; you can do so by contacting your driving instructor directly.
You can bring a parent/friend to observe the lesson but this person MUST NOT contribute or participate in the lesson dialogue.
Your first free driving lesson will start and finish at the selected AA Centre, so that maximum time can be spent getting you started on your learn-to-drive journey. Arrangements for future lessons can be discussed directly with your instructor.
What you must bring to a lesson:
- Your AA Ignition voucher (this will be emailed to you)
- Learner driver licence
- Progress booklet for lessons 2 and 3 (this will be provided at your first lesson)
- Corrective eye wear (glasses or contact lenses), if they’re required as a condition of your learner licence
- Appropriate driving shoes (no jandals)
The booking system handles allocation of lessons; once a booking has been placed, it will refer you to the next available instructor. If you know which instructor you would like lessons with or wish to change, then please contact the AA Driving School on 0800 223 199 and we will see what we can organise for you.
Vouchers are for the AA Ignition programme and the named recipient only – they cannot be transferred.
When you have completed your sign-up for AA Ignition online, a confirmation email will be sent to you with your first free lesson voucher attached. The vouchers for your second and third free lessons will be emailed to you after the completion of each preceding lesson.
Your first free driving lesson voucher is valid for 60 days from issue (the date you submitted your booking).
The second and third lesson vouchers become valid 30 days from date of the preceding lesson and are also valid for 60 days.
Vouchers cannot be redeemed after the expiry date.
Changes to the terms of this offer
The AA may change the scope of AA Ignition or these terms at any time. If you access this offer after the AA has changed the terms you will be bound by the new terms.
This information was last updated 2 October 2014.
Collection of information
We may collect personal information from you in a number of ways. This includes when you:
- agree to take a service from us. This may include your contact details, date of birth, payment method and possibly bank details
- contact us with an enquiry, or in response to a communication from us, in which case this may tell us something about your preferences.
Use of information
What we will do
We may use personal information about you for a number of purposes, including:
- Assisting to identify you when you telephone us to make an enquiry. We may ask you for your date of birth or telephone number so that we can avoid disclosing information to a person who is not authorised by you to receive it
- Responses to enquiries from you
- Administration and contact about improved administration of any accounts, services and products provided by us previously, now or in the future
- Preventing or detect fraud or loss where we are able
- Contacting you by any means (including mail, email, telephone or text messages) about other services or products, where we think you would appreciate receiving an offer from us
- Carrying out marketing analysis and profiling and creating statistical and testing information
It is our practice to search the Marketing Association mailing, telephone, fax and email preference services (as applicable) before sending any direct marketing material. If you have registered your details through any of the channels, you will not receive any direct marketing material from us through that channel.
In some circumstances, we may do certain credit checks with licensed credit reference agencies when you apply to take a service or product. If this is applicable, then it will be stated in our terms and conditions of business.
What we won't do
We will not:
- Send you communications that you do not expect to receive as part of your relationship with us
- Disclose your personal information (unless authorised to do so)
- Sell/rent contact information lists to parties who are not part of our business
Disclosure of information
We may disclose information we hold about you to third parties where AA has contracted those third parties for the purpose of providing services you have requested; as part of the process of sale of one or more of our businesses; or where legitimately requested for legal or regulatory purposes, as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
We, and other third-party credit organisations, may also access information about you to:
- Help make decisions on credit, or credit related and insurance proposals and claims for you and other members of your household; and
- Check your identity to prevent money laundering unless other satisfactory proof of identity is provided.
Protection of information
We maintain strict security measures in order to protect your personal information. This includes certain procedures such as encrypting data on our websites and compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
When you provide personal information online it is protected by encryption, so it cannot be read as it is transmitted over the internet between your browser and our server. The encrypted data is transmitted using a 128-bit secure socket layer (SSL) connection. Certification of our online identity for this SSL connection is provided by a signed certificate from Thawte.
Access to personal information
The Privacy Act 1993 gives you the right to access and correct personal information held by us. Your information is held securely and will not be disclosed to any other person or organisation unless authorised by you. To query or access any personal information we hold, call our Customer Contact Centre, visit an AA Centre, or log in to www.aa.co.nz to gain access.
When AA Members or non-Members contact us to make changes by phone, online or at an AA Centre, we will need to verify that you are the person authorised to obtain and update personal information. We will therefore ask you for identifying details such as your Membership number (the 16-digit number found on your AA Membership card) if appropriate, surname and date of birth.
If you are unable to satisfy the identification requirements, you will not be able to access or change the information. If you ring the Customer Contact Centre or visit an AA Centre, you will be asked for your surname and address in order to find your record and then your date of birth if possible to verify your identity.
If you are an AA Member and your date of birth is not listed on your AA Membership record, you will be asked to provide it when you ring the Customer Contact centre or if you visit an AA Centre. This is for your security, as the date of birth is used as a password to control access to your information over the phone, at AA Centres and online.
If you communicate with us over the internet, we may use email to contact you about our services and products. When you first provide personal information to us, we will normally give you the opportunity to indicate whether you would prefer us not to contact you in this way. However, you can send us an email at any time to change your preferences or use the unsubscribe links at the bottom of any of our direct marketing email communications.
Please be aware that communications over the internet, such as by email or through webmail applications, are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered. This is the nature of the internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
We may use 'cookies' to monitor website traffic patterns and site usage: a small piece of information stored on your computer so that the next time you visit we can customise the options available to you. The information gathered does not personally identify you.
If you do not want us to deploy cookies in your browser, you can change your computer settings to reject cookies or to notify you when a website tries to put a cookie on your computer. Please be aware that rejecting cookies may affect your ability to use some of the products and/or services on our website.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous.
We may monitor and record communications we receive. This may be done for:
- identifying improvements the service which we provide
- ensuring compliance with our practices and procedures
- situations where, for example, a contract is entered into by that means, to provide evidence of the transaction.
This Policy applies to personal information held about individuals. It does not apply to information we hold about companies and other organisations. The Office of the Privacy Commissioner has further details of the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects personal information in New Zealand.
The Association Secretary
PO Box 5