It is important that you read these prior to making your reservation.
Please note pricing is subject to change in accordance with these terms and conditions.
2. How to book
Member discounts are for AA Members. A valid Membership number must be stated at the time of booking. We recommend booking well in advance by sending a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the tour price with a minimum deposit of NZD250 per person. Some of the tours and ground arrangements may require a higher deposit of up to 50% to meet local tour operator’s booking conditions. These details will be provided on confirmation of your booking. The deposit is required within 7 days of confirmation to hold your booking.
The booking confirmation will include the exact deposit amount required and the due date of final payment. Some suppliers request full payment 60, 90 or 120 days before departure.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully and raise any questions you may have prior to making your booking. Receipt of deposit will be taken as an understanding by AA Tours & Cruising that the customer has checked their confirmed travel arrangements and has read and agrees to abide by the terms and conditions set forth here. Any verbal quote given is an estimate only of the price which will be subject to advice on confirmation of the reservation, after which you will have 7 days to pay your non-refundable deposit.
3. Price guarantee on full payment
- Prices are based on costs and exchange rates as at 24 March 2011. Should these costs change it may be necessary to make a surcharge on the price of your holiday which will be advised to you at the time you book.
- However no surcharge in respect to cost or currency fluctuations will be made to the arrangements of your holiday once full payment has been received by AA Tours and Cruising, unless any changes are made to your booking in accordance with these terms and conditions. This price guarantee does not apply to:
- fares, charges or levies imposed by airlines up until ticketing; or
- any taxes, charges or levies imposed by any government or their agencies; or
- escorted holidays departing in 2012 where the final price is not known at the time of going to print, and are subject to confirmation approximately 10 months in advance of travel. You must call to confirm if the final price for the escorted holiday of choice has been released. Once the final price is known and released, if you wish to cancel your booking, some or all of your deposit may be retained by AA Tours & Cruising to cover reasonable costs or cancellation fees by third party suppliers.
One change per booking is permitted free of charge. Each subsequent change will incur a fee of NZD75 per amendment to cover extra administrative and communication costs. In addition, cancellation and/or amendment fees may also be imposed by service providers such as accommodation providers and other service providers depending on the nature of the change. To the extent we are able to do so, we will advise you of all applicable cancellation and/or amendment charges at the time of confirmation of your booking. Separate conditions apply to air arrangements and are set out in Section 9 of these terms and conditions.
5. Late bookings
A fee of NZD75 per booking will be levied for bookings made within 10 working days of departure from New Zealand. Any booking request made within 10 working days or within any relevant supplier’s cancellation period cannot be processed until full payment has been received by AA Tours & Cruising.
6. Land only service charge
A service charge of NZD75 per booking will be charged for land only bookings of less than 2 night’s accommodation or 2 days car hire.
7. Arrival and departure transfers
Transfers for coach holidays are included if travelling on the group flight arriving Day 1 of your tour. Return transfer is included to the group flight on the last day of the tour. Any transfers required out of this time frame will incur an additional fee.
8. Conditions of carriage
Any passenger with special requirements or an incapacity must advise AA Tours & Cruising at time of booking. Due to the difficulty of boarding & disembarking coaches, wheelchair restricted people are not recommended to travel unless accompanied by a carer.
AA Tours & Cruising also reserves the right to decline, or terminate any passenger’s travel prior to, or during a tour when it is considered their mental or physical condition, or disposition, in the reasonable opinion of our company representative renders them: incapable of caring for themselves, objectionable to other passengers (and those passengers enjoyment of the tour), or if they have become a hazard to other passengers. Furthermore, AA Tours & Cruising accepts no liability for any losses incurred by such passenger(s), or for any additional expenses incurred as a result of leaving the tour.
On coach tours, each passenger is entitled to one piece of luggage that does not exceed 160cm (63 inches) and weight limit of 20kg (44 pounds).
10. Tour escorts
While every effort is made to ensure individuals like Dawn Fraser and Charlie Little (but not limited to) escort certain tours and departure dates, illness or other reasons beyond our control may prevent them from travelling.
11. Credit cards
Credit card service fees will be applied to the dollar amount paid as follows: MasterCard and Visa 1.5%, American Express 3%. This fee is non-refundable.
12. Cancellations and refunds - land and cruise arrangements
If you decide to cancel your holiday or you are unable to travel AA Tours & Cruising will refund the amount you have paid less
- our reasonable costs and
- any cancellation fees imposed by other suppliers. It is likely that other suppliers’ cancellation fees (which we will pass on to you) will be greater when cancellation takes place closer to the departure date.
If you notify us of cancellation more than 60 days before departure, then the cancellation charges are likely to only be the loss of your deposit. If you notify us of cancellation less than 60 days before departure, the cancellation charges may be up to 100% of the total booking cost. Regrettably cancellation charges cannot be waived. No refunds are available for unused services after departure from original city.
13. Cancellations and refunds - air arrangements
Cancellation fees will apply as required by airlines regulations and will vary dependant upon the type of airfare utilised. Airfare prices and conditions are subject to change or withdrawal without notification until ticketed. Full payment is required before tickets can be issued. AA Tours & Cruising cannot be held liable for any increases in prices or changes in any airline regulations. Foreign currency airfares and airport taxes may fluctuate and are subject to the rate of exchange on date of ticket issue. Increases in airport taxes are not the responsibility of AA Tours & Cruising and can be imposed up to departure. To the extent we are able to do so we will advise you of any increases of which we are aware at the time of confirmation of your booking.
14. Consumer claims
Should you encounter any problems on your holiday it is always better to try and solve it directly with the supplier. If it is not possible to do so and you wish to lodge a complaint please do so in writing within 30 days of completing your AA Tours & Cruising arrangements.
15. Not included in the tour cost
Visas, insurance, activities listed as optional or not included, alcoholic drinks, unless stated otherwise, excess baggage charges (over applicable airline allowances), extra meals, laundry, drinks, souvenirs, tips and gratuities other than for hotel porterage, local guides and drivers, restaurant staff at included meals, and items of a personal nature are not included in the tour cost.
Considerable care has been taken to compile the information in this brochure but circumstances not within AA Tours & Cruising control may necessitate changes in itineraries, accommodation and costs in which case you will be informed as soon as possible. When it is necessary to change a hotel AA Tours & Cruising reserves the right to substitute accommodation of at least a similar standard. With the exception of escorted holidays departing in 2012 where the final price is not known at the time of going to print, AA Tours & Cruising cannot be held responsible for any changes which may occur and reserves the right to increase the price of any travel arrangement up to the date of payment in full (or the date of ticketing in the case of airfares). This includes adjustment for fuel surcharges, airfare increases as well as international exchange rate fl uctuations. To the extent we are able to do so, we will notify you of any applicable change in price prior to you making payment in full.
AA Tours & Cruising may update these terms and conditions at anytime. Any changes to these terms and conditions made after booking will be advised to you. If as a result of any of these variations either:
- there is an increase in the cost of your holiday during the period between confirmation of your booking and the date on which you pay for your holiday in full; or
- you will suffer a detriment (whether financial or otherwise) then you may cancel your holiday, in which case AA Tours & Cruising will refund the amount you have paid less any cancellation fees imposed by other suppliers plus AA Tours & Cruising reasonable administration costs of NZD50.
17. Hotel descriptions and photographs
Hotel and facility descriptions featured in this brochure are based on current hotel guides and information provided by suppliers and may change at any time. Pictures may not show the particular room, décor, view or other specifications included in your booking.
It is a condition of booking one of AA Tours & Cruising tours that travellers are adequately insured for the full duration of their travel arrangements in respect of illness, injury, death, loss of baggage and personal item cancellation and curtailment. Your travel agent will be able to offer a suitable holiday insurance policy, or you may purchase a suitable external policy with another specialist travel insurance provider.
19. AA Tours and Cruising insurance
It is a condition of booking one of our tours that travellers are adequately insured for the full duration of their travel arrangements in respect of illness injury death loss of baggage and personal item cancellation and curtailment. Your travel advisor will be able to offer a suitable holiday insurance policy.
20. International travel
You are responsible for all immigration, passport, visa, health, quarantine and customs laws, regulations, orders, demands or other requirements of countries visited or transited. Official travel advice issued by the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade is available by calling (in New Zealand) 04 439 8000 or visiting their website at www.safetravel.govt.nz. We recommend that you review this information both prior to making your booking and prior to departure.
21. Unlicensed entity disclaimer
If you request AA Tours & Cruising to arrange for the provision of products or services by a person or company which is not licensed in accordance with any applicable law, AA Tours & Cruising accepts no liability (whether in contract for negligence or otherwise) for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result.
AA Tours & Cruising accepts bookings subject to the following conditions.
- A booking is accepted only after AA Tours & Cruising receives the required deposit and issues the client or their travel agent a confirmation invoice. Unless otherwise stated on your booking confirmation, the balance must be paid no later than 60 days before departure otherwise AA Tours & Cruising will treat the booking as cancelled regardless of whether a deposit is being held.
- AA Tours & Cruising only acts as a coordinator of tours and an agent for the owners, contractors and suppliers of transportation, accommodation and/or other related travel services provided and assumes no responsibility for the loss or damage to baggage, property or for injury, illness, death or for any damages or claims howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly from accidents, loss or damage to person or property, delays, transport failures, strikes, wars and uprisings or acts of God etc over which we have no control. All coupon receipts and tickets are issued subject to the terms and conditions specified by third party suppliers and all services are subject to the laws of the country where the services are provided.
- All matters directly relating to the services provided by AA Tours & Cruising are governed by the laws of New Zealand.
23. Your responsibility
You acknowledge that an adequate level of personal health and fitness may be required for your holiday. You have made enquiries in this regard and are satisfied that you meet the minimum personal health and fitness requirements.
You agree that AA Tours & Cruising may contact you to request consent to use images of you taken during the trip without recourse to you and without compensation to you, for publicity and promotion purposes only through whatever medium it chooses.