How it works
TravelSIM is an easy to use prepaid service, designed to greatly reduce the cost of using your mobile phone when travelling overseas.
With TravelSIM you get a new number and SIM card that you place in your existing handset when you leave New Zealand.
To check whether TravelSIM has coverage in the countries you are going to check the TravelSIM website for country list and rates.
The benefits of TravelSIM include:
- Low cost international roaming in over 190 countries and free to receive calls in over 115 countries^
- Prepaid, so you control your travel costs - no surprises!
- Just one contact number for all the countries you travel to
- No contract, no minimum spend, no hidden charges
- Easy and secure options to recharge in New Zealand dollars
- Language translation service - over 170 languages (charges apply)
- Family and friends can send unlimited free SMS to your TravelSIM
- Use your existing mobile phone handset#
Plus, for a limited time get a $10 Bonus Airtime Voucher with each TravelSIM purchased.
Mobile phone compatibility
Most countries in the world use the GSM mobile system. There are a few exceptions - check that your phone is compatible*. In Japan and South Korea you will need a 3G handset with 2.1Ghz; in North, Central and South America you will need a Quad-band phone (a tri-band may do, check the web site for details). If you are traveling to the countries listed above please check the TravelSIM website or call 0508 FOR SIM (367 746) to check your handset compatibility.
If TravelSIM sounds like it will work for you, please visit your nearest AA Centre.
Terms and conditions
^ Actual savings may vary widely depending on the country of travel and the type of calls made.
# Handset must be unlocked for TravelSIM to work with your mobile.