Terms and Conditions
1. Submitting your vote for the people’s choice award constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. All entry instructions and information published by The New Zealand Automobile Association Incorporated (“NZAA”) also form part of these conditions.
2. The competition will run from 6:00am 29 October 2019 until midnight 30 November 2019.
3. You can enter the competition by voting on your choice of Car of the Year, through the online entry form on aa.co.nz.
4. All entrants must complete the online entry form and submit it via the website to be eligible for entry. Only one entry per person with a unique email address will be counted.
5. NZAA reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of any entry and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process.
6. Failure by NZAA to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Errors and omissions will be accepted at our discretion.
7. The major travel prize is an 8 night Fiji cruise for two people, in an ocean view cabin with all main meals included departing Auckland on Saturday 15 August 2020 and returning to Auckland on Sunday 23 August 2020 with P&O Cruises valued at approximately RRP $3000 (“Prize”). Port taxes and fees are included as well as $100 per cabin on board credit. Only one Prize will be given away.
8. The Prize package does not include: on board drinks (with the exception of standard tea, coffee and water); flights or travel arrangements to and from the cruise departure point; travel insurance; purchased items of a personal nature; and access to the following facilities on board the Pacific Aria (items to be used as guide only): Health & Spa, Onboard Casino, Duty Free, Shore Excursions, Medical Centre, Speciality Restaurant cover charge, P&O Edge activities.
9. The Prize winner will be picked randomly by computer. All decisions by NZAA are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. NZAA will attempt to notify the Prize winner on 13 December 2019 following the promotion period. Once notified the Prize winner will be announced via Facebook. As part of the competition entry, the NZAA and Driven have the ability to use the winner’s name/image for publicity purposes.
11. The Prize cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
12. If the Prize (or part thereof) becomes unavailable for whatever reason, NZAA reserves the right to substitute the Prize or part of it for an item of an equivalent value.
13. NZAA will attempt to contact the Prize winner via the email address provided at the time of entry. Entrants should ensure their contact details are correct at the time of entry. If NZAA is unable to make contact with the winner after 7 days, or if the winner does not accept the Prize for any reason, NZAA may, at its discretion, redraw a new Prize winner from the remaining entries.
14. Upon contact from NZAA, the Prize winner and travel companion will be required to provide their full name as per their passport, and address details.
15. Entry is open to all residents of New Zealand except for employees and District Councillors of NZAA and their immediate families.
16. One person in the cabin must be 20 years of age or older.
17. NZAA reserves the right to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process. NZAA is not responsible for any technical malfunctions or problems with the internet or network congestion, including injury or damage to a participant’s or any other person’s computer related to participation in this competition, or problems with transmission of entries over the internet.
18. To the fullest extent permitted by law NZAA will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of participating in the competition or accepting or using a Prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify the entrant’s rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act.
19. NZAA assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries. NZAA reserves the right to cancel, suspend, terminate or modify the competition if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond reasonable control adversely affects our ability to conduct the competition as contemplated in these terms and conditions, subject to any written directions from any regulatory authority. Any cancellation or modification to the competition will be notified on the NZAA Facebook Page and via email.
20. By entering this promotion you agree that NZAA may use the personal information we collect from you:
a. To conduct this promotion, including determining and notifying the winner and disclosing that information to the prize suppliers and as required, to regulatory authorities; and
21. To the extent permitted by law NZAA:
a. Excludes all warranties in relation to the quality, suitability or merchantability of the Prize;
b. Limits its liability, and that of its employees or agents, for breach of any rights a consumer may have to the payment of the costs of having the Prize supplied again;
c. Will not be liable for any loss (including indirect and consequential loss) or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the promotion including the supply of goods or services by any person to the Prize winner, and where applicable to any persons accompanying the Prize winner.
d. Accepts no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning the Prize