Ask an expert



Just wanted to ask because this is my first time to ask a claim (if they will allow). My rear tail light and rear bumper was broken. I parked offstreet near my office and when I got back after work I noticed this but I don't know who did it. Do I still need to report this to the police so that I can make a claim? Do I still need to sent photos to my insurer for proof?


Hi there,
You will need to contact your insurer and make a claim, they will let you know what is required, it may be photos, or they might send someone to have a look or ask you to take it to a panel repairer for a quote. I don't think you will need a police report in this instance as you don't know who actually crashed into you (unless you can obtain CCTV footage from the street?)