Business continues for AA Motoring and the AA Mobile Inspections teams, with almost all our sites open except for our AA Vehicle Testing Station in Glen Innes, Auckland, which is closed to the public during Level 3.
Our AA Mobile Inspection teams have been heading out with a positive mind set, safely delivering a highly-valued service to our customers. The independent inspection will provide you with non-biased information, which will help resolve any concerns you have so you can buy a car with confidence.
Bookings are controlled through our experienced call centre team and online prerequisite requirements.
The health and safety of our customers and staff is our highest priority, so while NZ is in Level 2 & 3, our inspectors will:
- Maintain a 2m distance from customers at all times
- Use contactless key handovers with customers
- Wear PPE gear during the inspection
- Ask for your details for contact tracing purposes
During rain, hail, or shine, our AA Mobile Inspection teams always ensure that they provide a safe, informed service with a smile.
What can an AA Pre-Purchase Vehicle Inspection tell me that I might struggle to find myself?
- Diagnostic checks such as a head gasket check can assess the engines health and may detect issues with its condition.
- Signs of recent repair, corrosion, or evidence of recent underseal on the vehicles bodywork are all tell-tale signs of prior issues. It may be that over the years, the vehicle has endured more hits than The Beatles.
- Fluid leaks can be costly to repair and must be checked in detail from an experienced technician. Leaks can come from the engine and drive train, through to the cooling system.
- Batteries must be tested to ensure that they’re healthy. Faulty electronic systems, including diagnostic warning lights, can also spell disaster if they remain illuminated on the dashboard.
- A road test may uncover faults relating to the vehicle’s transmission, driveline and braking systems. These can be uncovered by excessive noise or vibrations, or unusual operation.
- Our inspectors can advise and empower a customer of any possible issues that may require further investigation at the seller’s cost, or of possible issues that could prevent the vehicle from passing its next WoF inspection
We always recommend getting a vehicle inspection carried out by a trained professional. The report will address many of the concerns surrounding a vehicle’s condition and quality.
Investing in a robust check now could help save you from issues in the future, and perhaps even help you to get a better deal on the vehicle you want!
Click here to learn more about AA Pre Purchase Vehicle Inspections, or phone us on 0800 500 333.