Asteron Life and AA Life are committed to treating any complaint seriously and putting things right as fairly and quickly as possible. We have a formal complaints resolution process which ensures that a manager is made aware of all complaints under investigation and oversees the handling and resolution of all complaints. If at any time you are not satisfied with the resolution process, you can request that your complaint be escalated to a more senior manager.
Complaints about AA Life
If for any reason you are unhappy with our service or sales process, you can contact us by:
- Phone on 0800 874 444
- Writing to Attn: AA Life Contact Centre Sales Manager PO Box 894 Wellington 6140
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will acknowledge your complaint within 24 hours of receiving it. If it cannot be resolved straight away our process will be to:
- Provide a response or progress report within five working days
- If you are not satisfied with the response the case will be escalated to the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Team for review.
If the CRM Team is unable to resolve the matter and it is within the jurisdiction of the Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman Scheme, a Letter of Deadlock can be issued which allows your complaint to be referred to the Ombudsman.
Complaints relating to Claims decisions
There is a slightly different process for complaints relating to claims decisions. You can expect the following steps to be taken:
- If you are unhappy with a Claim payment decision the Claims Manager will review the claim and confirm the outcome to you.
- If you are not satisfied with this outcome, you will be invited to write to the Asteron Life Claims Review Committee (CRC) detailing your reasons for disagreeing with the decision.
- If the Asteron Life Claims Review Committee is unable to resolve your complaint or if you disagree with their decision, and it is within the jurisdiction of the Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman, then we will issue a Letter of Deadlock, so that you can refer your complaint to the Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman.
Please note that the Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman will not consider a complaint until a Letter of Deadlock has been issued and does operate within certain jurisdictional limits. Please refer to the Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman website for full details of this service and how to make a complaint: www.ifso.nz
Who is the External Dispute Resolution Provider for AA Life and Asteron Life?
Both AA Life and the Asteron Life are participants of the Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman Scheme (the Ombudsman).
For more information on the Ombudsman's service, please contact them at: