The information contained on this website is of a general nature only. Full details relating to AA Finance loans are set out in the relevant loan documentation which is completed during the loan administration process.
AA Finance provides loans through Heartland Bank. In some cases, AA Finance may provide your application details to other loan providers, In this case, the alternative provider will contact you directly with your proposed terms and conditions.
A sample copy of the Heartland Bank loan documentation is available below.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call us on 0800 500 555
The following information may assist you in the loan application process:
To enable AA Finance to process your loan application and provide conditional approval, you will need to:
- Complete an online AA Finance loan application form. This is available at carloans.aa.co.nz (or via aa.co.nz/carloans) or can be completed in consultation with an AA Finance representative over the phone on 0800 500 555
- Provide details of your valid (ie. not expired) full or restricted New Zealand Drivers Licence (which will also be used to validate that you are at least 18 years of age)
- Advise AA Finance what sort of vehicle you plan to buy (even if you’re not 100% sure upon application)
- Provide a copy of your transactional bank account statement (which is less than 30 days old, showing transactions for a calendar month) if required
Once you have conditional approval, to enable AA Finance to draw down/transfer your loan funds, you will need to provide:
- Proof of your identity in the form of a current and valid New Zealand Drivers Licence, Birth Certificate or Passport
- Confirmation of the specific details of a suitable vehicle/asset to be used as security
a. A Vehicle Offer and Sale Agreement from a registered motor vehicle trader when purchasing the vehicle from a car dealership; or
b. A Sale and Purchase Agreement when purchasing the vehicle in the private market. A vehicle valuation appraisal from a registered motor vehicle trader may also be required. Sale and Purchase Agreement forms and further information about how to organise a valuation appraisal (often at no charge to the loan applicant) can be obtained from your AA Finance lending specialist.
- Confirmation of your address via a bank statement, utility or rates bill
- Confirmation of comprehensive insurance for the vehicle being used as security
- Evidence of your current income in the form of pay slips, bank statements, or company financial reports (if self-employed) if required
- The name, address and phone number of one personal referee. (Referees will not be contacted during the application process, but may be called in the event that the borrower cannot be contacted).
Normal credit and lending criteria apply.
The minimum loan amount is NZD$5,000.
An establishment fee applies when you draw down your AA Finance loan and this is added to the total loan amount. This is currently $212 for AA Members or $262 for non AA Members. Other fees may apply.
Before providing a loan, AA Finance reserves the right to confirm that no finance is owing on the vehicle being used as security, and that no other parties have an interest in the vehicle.
You may apply for conditional approval in advance of finding the vehicle you wish to purchase. AA Finance can withdraw the pre-approval when:
- Any information provided is found to be incorrect or misleading; or
- Something happens that, in the opinion of AA Finance adversely affects the loan proposal; or
- There is an unfavourable change in the borrower's financial circumstances during the pre-approval period (including their credit score according to Veda Advantage); or
- Registration and clear title checks return unfavourable results
AA Finance Loans are funded by Heartland Bank or an alternative lender.
While every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that the information contained on this website is complete and accurate, AA Finance does not represent or warrant the accuracy or completeness of any information on this website. AA Finance does not accept any responsibility or liability arising directly or indirectly from or in connection with your use of or reliance on this website and the information or representations contained on it, or from any omission from the website. In the event of any inconsistency, implied or otherwise, between the information on this website and any loan document, then the loan document will prevail.