Whale Watch Kaikoura
AA Members have free access to the Kiwi Whale Watchers Club
- By joining the Kiwi Whale Watchers Club, between the special period, 1st May – 31st October each year, AA members will be entitled to a 50% discount off whale watching tours.
- 15% discount off any purchase over $15.00 at Flukes Seaside Caf?.
- 20% discount off any purchases over $20.00 at the Whale Watch Gift Shop (except stamps).
- Direct bookings only and cannot be used in conjunction with any other specials or deals.
- Applies to adult customers only.
- Sign up to the Kiwi Whale Watchers Club for half price whale watching tours on the Whale Watch Kaikoura website.
- For more info, head to www.whalewatch.co.nz/your-experience/kiwi-whale-watchers-club
Whale Watch® is New Zealand's only marine-based whale watching company offering visitors an exciting up-close encounter with the giant Sperm Whale all year round. A 95% success rate means a guaranteed 80% refund if your tour does not see a whale. Whale Watch tours are extremely popular so early bookings are recommended.
Whale Watch is located in the town of Kaikoura, a scenic 2.5 hours' drive north of Christchurch in New Zealand's South Island. Towering snow-covered peaks fall to the ocean here, while just offshore a deep undersea canyon attracts an extraordinary abundance of marine life, the most famous being the Sperm Whale.
Designed for whale watching, the company operates a fleet of modern catamarans equipped with engines that minimise underwater noise and toilets that never pollute the sea. The main passenger cabin is enclosed and large outside decks offer great viewing and photo opportunities. Spacious air-conditioned interiors are fitted with comfortable seating while large plasma screens display award-winning marine wildlife animations.
Passenger numbers for each tour are kept well below vessel-carrying capacity to ensure your tour experience remains a personal one. The actual time on the water is up to 2.5 hours. Including check-in time and transfer by bus, you should allow 3.5 hours in total.
Adverse sea conditions can cause cancellation..