Travel insurance policy options
We offer three types of policy, with the option to select your own excess.
You can also select private hospital care option, increased cover for specified high value items, to be covered for civil unrest in the Pacific Islands or for terrorism and automatic free cover for some pre-existing medical conditions.
Compare the policies
|Policy option||Essentials||Comprehensive||Frequent traveller|
|Cancellation/travel disruption benefits|
|Loss of deposit/cancellation||$5,000||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Missed connection/travel delays||$500||$15,000||$15,000|
|Frequent flyer points||-||$5,000||$5,000|
|Resumption of travel||-||$10,000||$10,000|
|Follow on treatment||-||$2,000||$2,000|
|Dental as a result of injury||$500||$500||$3,000|
|Emergency dental - pain relief||-||$1,000||$1,000|
|Incidental hospital expenses||-||$4,000||$4,000|
|Search & rescue||-||$20,000||$20,000|
|Accidental death terrorism||-||$25,000||$25,000|
|Baggage, personal effects and money benefits|
|Personal baggage - total limit||$5,000||$30,000||$30,000|
|Baggage - item limit||$750||$1,500||$1,500|
|Replacement of travel documents||$500||$3,000||$3000|
|Additional expenses as a result of terrorism||-||$3,000||$3,000|
|Rental vehicle excess||$1,000||$6,000||$6,000|
|Loss of deposits|
|You can also choose to buy the Loss of Deposits only cover. This protects you for up to $10,000 in cancellation costs. This cover expires when you make the final payment for your journey. At this point you must purchase the Comprehensive policy, and your Loss of Deposits premium paid will be deducted.|
- Policy wording – This brochure is only a summary of the policy. For full policy terms and conditions please refer to the policy wording.
- Pre-existing medical conditions - refer to our information on pre-existing medical conditions if relevant.
- Change of health – After you have purchased the policy you must inform the Medical Hotline on 0800 100 124 of any change of health that occurs before your departure. We are not obliged to insure this change.
- Quotes – We reserve the right to amend any premium quoted prior to the issuing of any policy.
Cancel or amend a policy
For policy cancellations refer to policy wording - you are able to cancel a policy at no charge if the policy is cancelled within 7 days of issuing cover and prior to departure, provided no claim has been made or is pending.
If cancellation is required more than 7 days after issuing cover a refund of premium will be made less the minimum premium amount payable. These cancellations will not be able to be actioned on the system and will need to be referred to Vero.
Travellers may cancel the policy after their departure by writing to our office and returning their Policy Certificate. If no claim has been made or is pending a premium refund will be calculated by deducting the set premium applicable for the duration used on their Journey less the administration fee of NZ$40 for early cancellation.
*Terms and conditions
- Current AA Members receive a 10% discount when entering a valid AA Membership number. The 10% discount applies to our standard pricing and any additional premium for pre-existing medical cover, but does not apply to any additional premium for specified items.
This insurance is issued and managed by AWP Services New Zealand Limited trading as Allianz Partners and underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 (Incorporated in Australia) trading as Allianz New Zealand. You should consider the Policy Wording before making any decisions about this travel insurance policy.