Murphy's Law says your car will break down in the worst possible place, at the worst possible time. Our AA Roadservice team is ready to help whenever you need us. Last year, we reached 90% of breakdowns within the hour and 92% were mobilised at the roadside.
With your personal AA Membership it doesn't matter what car you're in. And it doesn't matter whether you're the driver or the passenger. Your AA Membership covers you, not the vehicle.
In most cases we'll fix the problem at the roadside and have you safely on your way. We'll provide you with expert advice and, if extra support is needed, we'll tow your car to the nearest place of safety or repair.
Our roadside services include:
- Testing your battery and organising a replacement if necessary^
- Jump-starting your vehicle
- Getting access to your vehicle if you're locked out
- Changing your wheel
- Free delivery of fuel if you run out (you pay for the fuel)
- Free temporary side glass replacement^
- Organising a windscreen chip or crack repair^
^ Service available in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and most provincial areas.
What you need at the roadside
Please make sure you have your AA Membership card with you. We can't provide AA Roadservice assistance without seeing this card. We'll also ask you for a second form of ID to confirm your identity. It's just our way of making sure we're giving your AA Membership benefits to the right person.
It costs $195 to join at the roadside with a credit card. It's $145 if your partner or spouse is an AA Member, though they must be living at the same address as you.
When you call us, we'll ask for your credit card details. We'll complete your AA Membership application over the phone and then send out one of our AA Roadservice specialists to help.
About AA Roadservice
AA Service Response Centre
- Our national AA Service Response Centre operates 24/7.
- Our call centre is equipped with state of the art electronic mapping systems which help pinpoint your location quickly and accurately.
- If we're delayed, this is generally because of a remote location, bad weather or heavy traffic, and we will advise you.
AA Call Centre staff
- Our staff are trained customer service professionals with excellent knowledge of New Zealand geography.
- On average, we take 660,000 calls for assistance each year.
AA Roadservice team
- Our AA Roadservice staff are fully qualified and very experienced.
- Our team covers New Zealand's main metropolitan and provincial areas.
- To support our nationwide coverage, we also use a network of approximately 300 AA Roadservice contractors who have over 1,000 staff who will work with us to help you.
Be prepared by downloading our handy 10-step breakdown safety guide