Participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Entry is only open to individuals who are permanently resident in New Zealand (“Eligible Entrants”). District Councillors, directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
To submit an entry, Eligible Entrants must comment on the appropriate AA New Zealand Facebook post before 17 March 2019 in accordance with the instructions provided on that post.
Only one entry per person will be accepted. Multiple entries are not permitted.
Entries that are incomplete, incorrect or illegible will be deemed invalid.
The Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to:
- verify the validity of all entries, for instance by requesting proof of such from entrants
- remove any comment deemed to be inappropriate
- disqualify any entrant who we have reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper conduct or any conduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion.
- disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the process.
- cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition if for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned for any reason.
The winner will be sent a $100 Countdown Grocery Only Gift Card.
The day of the draw will be Monday 4 March 2019 (“Draw Date”). The winner will be announced on Facebook on the same date. In addition, the Prize winner will be contacted within 7 calendar days of the winner being judged via Facebook messenger.
If a winner decides not to accept the Prize, the Prize will be forfeited and the Promoter may award the Prize to another entrant.
A Prize cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash. All other expenses associated with the Prize are the responsibility of the winner.
The Promoter will endeavour to deliver your Prize by standard post within two weeks after the Draw Date. The Promoter will have no liability for any delay in meeting this timeframe.
If the Promoter, having used reasonable efforts, is unable to contact the winner within 7 calendar days of the Draw Date, or a winner is disqualified in accordance with these terms and conditions, then their Prize is forfeited.
The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The Countdown Grocery Only Gift Card must not be used to purchase alcohol, tobacco products or Gift Cards. For the balance visit countdown.co.nz/giftcard or call 0800 40 40 40.
By using your Card you agree to the full terms and conditions. For full terms and conditions and a list of participating stores visit countdown.co.nz/giftcard. This Card may only be used at participating stores. Stores may change from time to time.
The Card is not reloadable or redeemable for cash.
The Countdown fuel offer or Onecard points offer is not available on Card activation. This Card is issued by and remains the property of Progressive Enterprises Limited.
In the instance that a Countdown grocery store is not within a 20km distance of your place of residence, you may get in touch with the Promoter prior to the Prize being dispatched to request an alternative grocery gift card. Provision of an alternative Gift is at AA Life’s sole discretion. Gift cards for other stores will be subject to their own terms and conditions.
By entering this competition, you agree that we may use the personal information we collect from you to conduct this promotion, including determining and notifying the winner, publishing the winner’s name and disclosing that information to regulatory authorities as required.
Entries are accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter. The Promoter will not be held liable for any entries not received for any reason during the promotion period.
The Promoter is not responsible for any variation in the value of the Prize.
The Winner agrees to hold the Promoter, its directors, officers, employees and assignees harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of the Prize. The winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused, by participating in the promotion.
The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
To the extent permitted by law the Promoter:
- excludes all warranties in relation to the quality, suitability or merchantability of a prize;
- limits its liability, and that of its employees or agents, for breach of any rights a consumer may have to the payment of the costs of having the prize supplied again;
- will not be liable for any loss (including indirect and consequential loss) or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the promotion including the supply of goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s), and where applicable to any persons accompanying the prize winner(s).
These Terms and Conditions are governed and construed in accordance with New Zealand law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
The Promoter is AA Life Services Limited, with registered office at the Vero Centre, 48 Shortland Street, Auckland.