If you own or buy a second-hand car, make sure you're covered for unforeseen mechanical breakdowns.
Buy online below
or call 0800 670 670
|Policy term||Standard Vehicle
|12 months cover||$499
(or 10 monthly payments of $49.90)
(or 10 monthly payments of $69.90)
(or 10 monthly payments of $79.90)
|24 months cover||$599||$799||$998||Buy now|
|36 months cover||$799
Why choose AA Mechanical Breakdown Insurance
- Cover for specified mechanical or electrical breakdowns (terms and conditions apply)
- Replacement of consumable items if they are required (terms and conditions apply)
- A choice of 12, 24 and 36 months of cover - with the 12 month term there's the additional flexibility of paying in 10 monthly instalments
- 30 day money back guarantee as long as you have not made a claim under the policy
- A quality guarantee for all repairs authorised and carried out under the policy
|Up to 150,000 kms||$5,000||$5,000||$5,000|
- These claim entitlement limits include GST.
- The odometer reading is as at the date of commencement of the policy.
Petrol powered vehicles 12 years old and less having travelled less than 150,000 kms at commencement of cover other than those listed in the Special category vehicles and European vehicles sections below, and not listed in Excluded Vehicles (see terms and conditions).
Special category vehicles
Vehicles 12 years old and less having travelled less than 150,000 kms at commencement of cover falling into the following categories: turbo and supercharged vehicles, vehicles manufactured in the USA, diesel powered vehicles, hybrid vehicles and Mazda RX8.
Diesel or petrol powered vehicles, manufactured in Europe, 12 years old and less that have travelled less than 150,000 kms at commencement of cover including but not limited to: Alfa Romeo, Audi, BMW, Citroen, Daimler, Fiat, Jaguar, Lancia, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, MG, Mini, Opel, Peugeot, Renault, Seat, Skoda, Vauxhall, Volvo and Volkswagen.
Please note: pre-existing faults are NOT covered by AA MBI. Modified cars are not covered.
After you have purchased your policy
To validate your policy an AA Mechanical Inspection must be completed within 14 days. Once complete the results need to be posted to AA Mechanical Breakdown Warranty, PO Box 9919, Newmarket, Auckland 1149 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After the inspection, our team will check your results when they have been received. If there are any issues you’ll be contacted – otherwise, your policy will be in effect.
Do it online
Need to make a claim?
Call 0800 809 700
Need to book an inspection?
Call 0800 500 333 and select option 1