Train to be a defensive driving tutor
It’s a perfect job if you love delivering training courses, driving and meeting new people.
You can play a vital role in teaching people of all ages how to be safe, confident drivers who are fully aware of the hazards on our roads.
Do it online
Which courses a Defensive Driving Tutor delivers
AA Defensive Driving Course (DDC)
This is for students who want to reduce their time on a restricted licence by 6 months. It’s delivered on 4 separate evenings over two weeks, with each session lasting 2 hours. Classes are limited to 20 students and each student is required to have a one hour driving assessment as part of the course.
AA Defensive Driving Course for Fleets and Businesses (DDF&B)
This is for company car drivers and is delivered over 2½ hours at our client premises during the day. It is classroom only. If you are interested in this training please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
AA Defensive Driving Course for Experienced Drivers (DDED)
This is a 3 hour course for all fully licensed drivers who want to refresh their driving awareness, improve their road code knowledge and be safer drivers.
- You should have at least 6 months experience as a driving instructor and hold a valid I endorsement
- Had some experience in training small to large groups;
- Hold unit standard 14522* - Describe processes which lead to enhanced driver self-management
- Hold unit standard 17975* - Plan, conduct, and review interactive group learning for trainee drivers
- Hold unit standard 7097* - Facilitate interactive learning sessions for adult learners
*Training and course delivery
To deliver the range of Defensive Driving Courses you need to have some experience in training small to large groups and hold the following unit standards: 14522 (DDC) and 17975 / 7097 (DDC, DDFB & DDED). If you are interested in delivering DDC, you must also hold a current I endorsement.