Essentials covers the main risks faced by a traveller with restricted benefits and lower policy limits. Available for travellers up to 70 years. It even covers recreational sports coverage and rental vehicle excess cover.
Comprehensive is our top of the range product with higher limits and extended benefits for peace of mind while travelling. This policy offers specified item coverage, a no excess option and private hospital care in Australia and the UK.
For those who travel abroad regularly during the year, this option covers all trips (up to 60 days duration per trip) taken during a 12 month period. Available for travellers up to 70 years of age.
AA Travel Insurance
Travel insurance you can trust.
Even the most carefully planned travel can go unexpectedly wrong. Regardless of how careful you are, some events are simply beyond your control. With AA Travel Insurance cover, help is just a phone call away when you need it. That way you can get on with enjoying your trip, or at least have a safe return home.
It is important to give you the choice and flexibility in cover that best suits your needs. We offer you the following three policies – Essentials, Comprehensive and Frequent Traveller.
All of these policies offer
- Allianz Worldwide Assistance, offering a worldwide network of emergency medical resources available 24/7
- Medical and repatriation expenses
- Replacement cover on baggage items less than 2 years old
- Missed connections/travel delays
- Loss of deposits/cancellation
- Free cover for dependent children less than 21 years
- Rental vehicle excess cover
- Recreational sports covered free of charge: leisure skiing and snowboarding, scuba diving (with PADI or NAUI qualification), hot air ballooning, parasailing and paragliding, bungy jumping and white-water rafting in grade four or less rivers
*Terms and conditions
- The discount is valid for policies issued from 20 October 2014 to 31 January 2015 inclusive, for any travel dates.
- Current AA Members receive a 15% discount off the standard policy pricing when entering a valid AA Membership number.
- Non AA Members automatically receive a 10% discount off the standard policy pricing.
- Discounts apply to all AA Travel Insurance policies.
This insurance is issued and managed by Allianz Global Assistance New Zealand Limited Company No.1537730 and underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 (Incorporated in Australia) trading as Allianz New Zealand. You should consider the Policy Wording before making any decisions about this travel insurance policy. For further information on Allianz Australia Insurance Limited's financial strength rating, please refer to the Financial Strength Rating and Overseas Policy Holder Preference Disclosure Notice.
Financial strength rating and overseas policyholder preference disclosure notice. Allianz Australia Insurance Limited has an AA- insurer financial strength rating given by Standard & Poor’s (Australia) Pty Limited. The rating scale is: AAA Extremely Strong AA Very Strong A Strong B Weak BBB Good BB Marginal CCC Very Weak R Regulatory Action. Plus (+) or minus (-): Ratings from "AA" to "CCC" may be modified by the addition of a plus (+) or minus (-) sign to show relative standings within the major rating categories. An overseas policyholder preference applies. Under Australian law, if Allianz Australia Insurance Limited is wound up, its assets in Australia must be applied to its Australian liabilities before they can be applied to overseas liabilities. To this extent, New Zealand policyholders may not be able to rely on Allianz Australia Insurance Limited’s Australian assets to satisfy New Zealand liabilities.
Non Members receive 10% off policies.
Terms & conditions apply*