Up to 43% of breakdowns we attend are battery related. If your car sounds like it's struggling to start, call AA Battery Service. Our mobile battery replacement service is available in most areas, or you can head down to your local AA Battery stockist.
Need a battery? Get an instant quote
Or call 0800 500 222
Prices may vary. AA Battery Service covers the metropolitan Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch areas as well as throughout the country by our regional contractor network.
*Additional recycling rebate of $10 for your old battery.
Find a battery stockist
Benefits of using AA Battery Service
- Our comprehensive range covers most vehicles, including those with stop-start systems
- New Zealand-wide warranty of up to 3 years
- AA Members save $25
- We can come to you and install
- We'll remove your old battery to be recycled and give you a $10 rebate
4WD battery benefits
- Heavy duty batteries are tough and built to last
- Fully sealed, maintenance free technology eliminates acid leakage
- Expanded grid technology ensures consistent grid quality
- Increased electrolyte volume prevents overheating
- Hot melt glue over plates prevents vibration damage
- Higher cold cranking amps provide greater starting power
- Carry handle for easy installation and removal
Battery warranty periods
Our warranty periods vary depending on the battery type and what it's used for:
- Three year warranty applies to all Premium batteries for private use vehicles
- Two year warranty applies to all extra heavy duty, AGM and EFB batteries for private use vehicles
- One year warranty applies to all commercial fitments
- 6 month warranty applies to courier fitments
- 3 month warranty applies to taxi fitments
There are many car battery types available.
Know more about these different battery types and what their abbreviations mean.