Warrant of Fitness (WoF)
Our Auto Centre business hours will vary from 23 December to 10 January. Please click here to see our business hours during this period. Please also check with your Auto Centre before you visit.
Our AA Motoring vehicle testing sites business hours will vary also from 24 December - 10 January. Please click here to see our business hours before you visit our drive-in WoF locations.
Available at AA Motoring sites nationwide
AA Members can also save up to 5 cents per litre with AA Smartfuel, when they spend $60 or more at AA Motoring sites that offer WoF including AA Auto Centre (Bookings essential), AA Vehicle Testing and AA Vehicle Inspection sites.
*$10 premium applies to selected locations
Appointments are not required at our drive-through AA Vehicle Testing Stations and most of our AA Vehicle Inspection sites.
Our opening hours vary from 24 December - 10 January. Please ensure you are aware of our business hours before you turn up for your WoF. Please click here to see our business hours
You may need to book your WoF inspection in advance at our AA Auto Centre sites.
Drive-in AA Vehicle Testing Station locations:
- Auckland: Glen Innes Vehicle Testing Station
- Auckland: AA Auto Centre Mt Roskill – WoF drive-in vehicle testing
- Mt Maunganui: AA Auto Centre Mt Maunganui – WoF drive-in vehicle testing
- Rotorua: AA Auto Centre Rotorua – WoF drive-in vehicle testing
- New Plymouth: Bell Block Vehicle Testing Station
- New Plymouth: New Plymouth Vehicle Testing Station
- Nelson: AA Auto Centre Nelson – WoF drive-in vehicle testing
- Christchurch: Hornby Vehicle Testing Station
- Christchurch: AA Auto Centre Christchurch Airport – WoF drive-in vehicle testing
An independent assessment
It's illegal to drive your vehicle on the road if it doesn't meet the WoF requirements and doesn't display a valid WoF sticker.
Get a reliable Warrant of Fitness (WoF) inspection from the experts. We'll provide an independent assessment of your car's safety.
As a WoF agent, we're required to follow the car inspection requirements manual (VIRM). These requirements are defined and monitored by NZTA.
These are a general safety check and include (but are not limited to):
- Tyre condition
- Brake operation
- Structural condition
- Lights, doors and windows
- Windscreen washers and wipers
- Safety belts and airbags
- Speedometer, steering and suspension
- Exhaust and fuel system
View the full list of requirements on the NZTA website.
AA Vehicle Testing stations
- Fast, convenient service
- Comfortable waiting rooms with complimentary tea and coffee
- Facilities to pay your car registration or road user charges
Certificate of Fitness (CoF) checks are also available at selected sites.
Renewing your WoF
Once your car passes the Warrant of Fitness (WoF) inspection, you're required to keep it in this condition. The frequency of the check depends on when your car was first registered.
An AA Pre Purchase Inspection is very different from a WoF. There are inspection areas not covered under the WoF. If you're purchasing or selling a vehicle we recommend that you reduce your risk and get an independent evaluation of the vehicles condition at time of purchase.
Our AA Pre Purchase vehicle inspections include exterior and interior inspections, driveline, engine, cooling system, suspension and steering, brakes, wheels and tyres and vehicle operation.