Pre Purchase Inspection
Why an AA Pre Purchase Inspection is so important
When you buy a car, you may have a number of questions about its condition and safety that you can't answer yourself. Assume nothing. An independent AA Pre Purchase Vehicle Inspection will give you complete peace of mind.
The health and safety of our customers and staff is very important to us. The escalation in the number of positive COVID-19 cases may result in the temporary closure of your local AA Motoring site, for a period of time, with very limited notice.
Please check the status of your AA Motoring sites operating hours before visiting. In the event we need to close we will do our best to communicate with customers who have existing bookings.
With our vehicle inspection, you’ll get:
- A comprehensive 100+ point vehicle check by an experienced mechanic (taking approx. 90 minutes)
- An overview of any recommended repairs
- An indication of any potential WoF issues
- Clarity around the condition of the car before you buy it
- Personalised service - whether you're coming to one of our many site locations or we're coming to you!
- Reassurance that you can buy your car with confidence
Why choose the AA?
- We’re independent - you can trust us
- We have more than 30 sites across New Zealand and have been helping Kiwi motorists for over 25 years
- If you live in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch or Hamilton, we have mobile inspectors who can come to you*
- We inspect and test over 100,000 vehicles every year, across our range of services
- We check and test over 100 unique parts with every car inspection
- We combine our practical knowledge with the use of specialist diagnostic equipment to test a vehicle's alternator, starter motor and battery system