Ask an expert


My sons car number plate (1 of the 2) has been stolen off the car. The car is currently not up to date with the WOF but is registered. He wants to sell it (As is) but will need a replacement number plate. Can he get the plate without the car having a current WOF


Hi there,
If the licensing is current, you can just take the remaining plate into a license center and purchase a new pair of government issue plates for around $20 with a replacement rego label and then sell the car.