Model: Škoda Enyaq 80 SUV Sportline Max
Engine: Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor
Transmission: Single speed rear wheel drive
Power: 150kW and 310Nm of Torque
Price: $97,990 plus ORC (Not eligible for a rebate)
0-100KM/H: 8.6 sec
Welcome to Škoda’s first-ever all-electric SUV, the Enyaq. Based on the Volkswagen Group’s MEB platform, the Enyaq delivers a large SUV that has plenty of space for the whole family and their whole kit and kaboodle. Coupled with a battery that has a very decent range on it, this could quickly become a family favourite. You can take your pick from three models that are available in the NZ Market. The Sportline starts at $92,990, the 80 Max 150kW at $97,990 and the Coupe Sportline Max at $102,990, so it is important to consider that even the entry model exceeds the Clean Car Rebate cap.
Think a cautious collision of sleek and curved lines. The Škoda Enyaq’s exterior delivers a modern, strong, sculpted body that gives it a dynamic sporty appearance. Facing the front end, you will discover a distinctive grille and razor-sharp LED headlights, culminating in a distinctive Škoda look. The model we drove had a low and aerodynamic profile, which helps with both performance and efficiency. The result? You’ll be driving the streets in an attractive and eye-catching design that’s guaranteed to get heads swivelling
Think space and think comfort – the Škoda Enyaq’s is a beautiful marriage of these both. Inside, there is plenty of room for both passengers and all their cargo (be it sports or baby gear). Taking an eagle-eye to the materials in the cabin you can see they of a high quality, plus being modern and functional. The Enyaq also features a large touchscreen display that controls the infotainment system, which is easy to use and responsive. There’s also plenty of technology on offer, including wireless charging, a head-up display, and a panoramic sunroof.
The Enyaq comes with a 13-inch screen that iss efficient and loaded with features. The screen is crystal clear easy to read. The layout on the screen is attractive as well as it is simple and easy to navigate through each feature.
Under the infotainment screen there are shortcuts to the main menu. Like the 2023 Volkswagen models, the Enyaq comes with on-screen temperature controls instead of slider climate controls. Overall, the basic information on the infotainment system is presented nice and clearly, however, truth-be-told, nothing really stands out when compared to its competitors.
Lots of room
There is more than enough space for both the driver and front passenger, and the passengers in the rear seats won’t feel done dirty as they get plenty of leg room as well. This makes the Enyaq an ideal SUV for long rides for you and the family and will most likely significantly contribute to a reduction of family road trip arguments.
The Škoda Enyaq’s electric powertrain is smooth and powerful, delivering instant torque and acceleration. It’s a rear wheel drive. With an 82kW battery, with electric motor which pushes 150kW of power and 320Nm of Torque. Also, the Enyaq will go 0-60km/h in 8.6 seconds. It is also capable of rapid charging, with a 125kW charging station able to take the battery from 10% to 80% in just 38 minutes.
The Enyaq is not the quickest EV, it is more of a classy drive with a sporty look. Going around the corners and handling is also impressive, with a low centre of gravity and balanced weight distribution providing a stable and composed ride.
Škoda has equipped the Enyaq with a range of state-of-the-art safety features, including adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, and rear cross traffic alert. It also has a range of airbags and advanced driver assistance systems, which help to keep both the driver and passengers safe in the event of a collision. The Enyaq has also received a five-star ANCAP safety rating, which is the highest possible score.
Overall, the Škoda Enyaq is an impressive and desirable electric SUV. Its modern and eye-catching design is complemented by a spacious and well-appointed interior, and its electric powertrain delivers smooth and powerful performance. It’s also packed with technology and safety features, making it an appealing option for anyone in the market for an electric SUV.
If you are looking for an electric SUV that will cater to your busy family lifestyle the Škoda Enyaq SUV is an excellent choice with its range being 532km.
- Spacious, well refined, and great range (532km WLTP).
- The vehicle we tested didn’t have maps and you were always getting information up on the dash saying no maps for this area.
- But we have been told this will not be the case on the vehicle supplied to upcoming customers.
At a glance
Skoda Enyaq Sportline Max 80 150kW
Permanet Magnet Synchronous Motor
From $97,990 (+ORC) No CCR
ANCAP safety rating
Power and Torque
One-speed Automatic Transmission
Up to 532km
585L (All seats up) / 1,710L
- ANCAP safety rating
- Front driver & passenger, centre, front side, and curtain airbags
- Front driver & passenger, centre, front and rear side, and curtain airbags
- Adaptive Cruise Control and speed limiter
- Front Assist (auto emergency braking) with pedestrian and cyclist detection
- Lane Assist and Side Assist
- Travel Assist with Traffic Jam Assist
- Driver Fatigue Alert/monitor to support safer driving practices
- ‘KESSY’ keyless entry, start/stop system with power child locks
- Anti-theft alarm system with interior monitoring and SAFELOCK
- Rearview camera with front and rear parking sensors
- 360° Area view camera with front and rear parking sensors and Park Assist
- Drive mode select, sport suspension and progressive steering
- Rain & light sensor, automatic headlights lights and wipers, rear wiper
Find out more on how the AA can help you when buying a new car:
- AA Money - aa.co.nz/money
- AA Insurance - aa.co.nz/insurance
- AA Car Reviews - aa.co.nz/car-reviews
- AA Running Cost Reports - aa.co.nz/runningcosts
Vehicle experts you can trust