Our commitment to you
At the AA we want to provide great customer service, making sure your experience with us is everything you expect and more. Member/customer satisfaction is extremely important to us and we aim to resolve all problems and complaints to your satisfaction quickly and effectively.
If for any reason you are unhappy with the service or experience you have received from the AA, please let us know so that we can resolve the situation.
Raise a complaint
- Call us on 0800 500 444
- For all complaints (excluding insurance)
- For Insurance Related complaints
- Complaints Policy
Your rights as an AA Member or customer
You have the right to:
- be treated with courtesy, respect and fairness at all times
- have access to information about our services, your AA Membership records (if applicable) and any feedback that you have provided
- provide feedback or raise a complaint if you are unhappy in any way
- seek independent advice or assistance if you are not satisfied with the AA's resolution of your complaint.
After you raise a complaint
If you have called the AA to raise a complaint, where possible, your complaint will be resolved there and then. If further investigation is required we will advise you of an expected resolution time. We will also give you sufficient information to ensure you can enquire about the progress of your complaint.
If you raise a complaint by email or letter, it will be acknowledged from the date we receive it. We may need to contact you to further understand your complaint or obtain additional details. The AA will keep you informed of progress and the expected resolution timeframe, or if the problem is of a very complex nature and will exceed the initial resolution timeframe.
In addition, you may also seek advice or assistance from the Disputes Tribunal, the Privacy Commissioner (for privacy issues), the Commerce Commission (for fair trading issues), the Ministry of Consumer Affairs or the Citizens Advice Bureau.