AA Home considers the protection of privacy to be of utmost importance. We are committed to providing you with a personalised service that meets your requirements in a way that safeguards your privacy and complies with the Privacy Act 1993. We appreciate the trust you have placed in us.
This policy explains how we may collect information about you and use it in order to satisfy your particular requirements. It outlines some of the security measures that we take in order to protect your privacy and gives certain assurances on things that we will not do.
We encourage you to review this page on a regular basis. AA Home may change these terms at any time. If you join AA Home or renew your membership or purchase any product/service after the date the policy was updated, you will be bound by the new terms.
This policy was created and last updated 26 February 2018.
Collection of information
We may collect personal information from you in a number of ways. This includes when you:
- Agree to take a service from us. This may include your contact details, date of birth, payment method, bank details and address of the home you nominate to receive our services.
- Contact us with an enquiry, or in response to a communication from us, in which case this may tell us something about your preferences.
We may also collect your personal information from you when it is given to us by The New Zealand Automobile Association Inc. or AA Insurance Limited. We will only use that personal information under authority from you or when you use our services.
Use of information
What we will do
We may use personal information about you for a number of purposes, including:
- To collect, hold and use personal information for the purposes of providing our services to you;
- Assisting to identify you when you telephone us to make an enquiry, so that we can avoid disclosing information to a person who is not authorised by you to receive it;
- Administration and contact about improved administration of any accounts, services and products provided by us previously, now or in the future;
- Providing your personal information to contractors who provide the AA Home trade services or any other parties necessary to provide our service;
- Providing your personal information to our “Related Organisations” such as The New Zealand Automobile Association Inc, AA Insurance Limited or Suncorp Group Holdings (NZ) Limited and to inform you about products and services provided by us, our “Related Organisations”;or companies which are affiliated with these organisations.
- Us and our “Related Organisations” conducting marketing analysis and sending you marketing material by post, email, SMS or other means.
It is our practice to search the Marketing Association mailing, telephone, fax and email preference services (as applicable) before sending any direct marketing material. If you have registered your details through any of the channels, you will not receive any direct marketing material from us.
When you first provide personal information to us, we will normally give you the opportunity to indicate whether you would prefer us not to contact you. However, you can send us an email at any time to change your preferences or use the unsubscribe links at the bottom of any of our direct marketing email communications.
We may monitor and record your communications with us for validation, quality assurance and training purposes.
What we won't do
We will not:
- Disclose your personal information (unless authorised to do so) except as mentioned in these terms.
- Allow parties who are not Related Organisations to use your personal information, except as authorised.
Protection of information
We maintain strict security measures in order to protect your personal information. The procedures are constantly monitored and updated in accordance with the latest technology.
Access to personal information
The Privacy Act 1993 gives you the right to access and correct personal information held by us. Your information is held securely and will not be disclosed to any other person or organisation unless authorised by you. To query or access any personal information we hold, call our Customer Contact Centre, or log in to www.aahome.co.nz to gain access.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your devices hard disk for record keeping purposes. They help us to understand how customers and potential customers use our website so we can develop and improve the design, layout and functionality of the sites.
We may match your cookies information to what we know about you for analysis purposes. We can use such analysis to improve the functionality and your experience of the website.
If you do not want us to deploy cookies into your browser, you can set your browser to reject cookies, or to notify you when a website tries to put a cookie on your computer. However, rejecting cookies may affect your ability to use some of the products and/or services at our website.
Credit card details
In line with credit card data security standards, when you pay AA Home using a credit card on line, in store or by telephone your credit card information is not stored by AA Home.
Many of the designs, pictures, logos, photographs and content of this website are owned by, or licensed to AA Home. They are protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights. You may not copy, reproduce, modify, distribute, republish, display, post or transmit any part of this website without our written consent. You may however, save and print individual pages for your own personal use.
This Policy applies to personal information held about individuals. It does not apply to information we hold about companies and other organisations. The Office of the Privacy Commissioner has further details of the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 and how it protects personal information in New Zealand.