Complaints Disclosure

Complaints Handling and Dispute Resolution

If you are not satisfied with our financial advice service you can make a complaint by:

We will follow our internal complaint process:

Where possible, your complaint will be resolved there and then. If further investigation is required, we will advise you of an expected resolution time. We will also give you sufficient information to ensure you can enquire about the progress of your complaint.

If we are unable to resolve your complaint there and then, your complaint will be formally acknowledged within 2 business days. We may need to contact you to further understand your complaint or obtain additional details. NZAA will keep you informed of progress and the expected resolution timeframe, or if the problem is of a very complex nature and will exceed the initially anticipated resolution timeframe.

If we cannot resolve your complaint, or you are not satisfied with the way we propose to do so, you can contact the Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman Scheme (IFSO). IFSO provides a free, independent dispute resolution service, and that service may help investigate or resolve your complaint.

You can refer your complaint to the IFSO if either:

  • you have a letter of deadlock
  • more than 2 months have passed since you first made your complaint and you no longer wish to keep working with us.

If we issue a letter of deadlock, you’ll have 3 months to refer your complaint to the IFSO, if you wish. We’ll follow any decision made by the IFSO. Of course, you can also choose to seek a resolution elsewhere. You can contact IFSO for help or advice.

You can contact IFSO via IFSO website, via email or by calling 0800 888 202.

New! Our navigation has changed.

Use this button to access the site content.

 |  Learn more