About 614 results for

  • Can I transfer my AA Membership to someone else?

    AA Membership is non-refundable and non-transferable.

  • How do I find out the road rules in another country?

    You'll need to contact the country's licensing authority or consulate in New Zealand.

  • Why do I have to be with the car to get AA Roadservice assistance?

    AA Membership is personal to the Member. This means that you are covered for breakdown assistance no matter what car you may be driving - even if you are a passenger we can come out to assist you.

  • Why are there two different pricing structures for AA Membership?

    AA Membership pricing is based on the number of Roadservice Officers needed to attend call outs. More Roadservice Officers are needed in Auckland so the cost of AA Membership is higher than the rest of the country.

  • I have bought a new car. Will my AA Membership be affected?

    AA Membership covers you as a person so buying a new car will not affect your AA Membership.

  • Can my partner/spouse use my AA Membership?

    AA Membership covers the Member only and cannot be used by anyone else. If you are the partner / spouse of an AA Member and live at the same address you can join as an Associate Member.

  • Where can I get my Warrant of Fitness (WoF) done?

    You can find your nearest AA WoF Inspection Centre using the AA Location Finder.

    Visit the AA Location Finder

  • Who do I contact regarding AA road signs?

    Road signs for the AA are manufactured by Harding Traffic located in Auckland, phone 09 259-0894. They send the completed sign to the local City, District or Regional Council who then arrange for the sign to be erected. From then on the local council is responsible for a road sign's maintenance, replacement or repair.

  • Do I need to carry my licence with me at all times?

    Yes. You must produce your driver's licence without delay for inspection whenever required to do so by an Enforcement Officer. The maximum penalty for not being able to produce your licence immediately is $1000.

  • Can I ride a scooter on a learner's licence?

    Yes. You can ride a scooter on a NZ learner licence. You must display an 'L' plate and you'll be governed by learner's licence rules.

New! Our navigation has changed.

Use this button to access the site content.

 |  Learn more