Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. For any queries regarding the AAdrenaline competition, please contact us on [email protected]
1) Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as amended or modified from time to time.
2) The promotion is being run by The New Zealand Automobile Association Incorporated, located at Lvl 17, 99 Albert Street, Auckland 1010 (“NZ AA”, the “Promoter”).
3) NZ AA may extend, cancel or amend this promotion at any time, at its sole discretion.
‘Disqualified Participants’ are:
4) All NZ AA employees, all employees of participating sponsors or promoters and/or advertising agencies and their Immediate Families.
5) All people under the age of 16 years.
‘Immediate Families’ include spouses, grandparents, parents, children, and grandchildren, whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension.
Specific Prize Terms:
6) AAdrenaline WIN with the AA and Jono Lester Promotion (“AAdrenaline campaign”)
a) Entry: AA Members (other than District Councillors, directors, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and their associated companies) who are fully paid Members at the time of the promotion will be eligible to win the AA and Jono Lester Experience prize pack (“Prize”).
b) There will be two prize draws for the AAdrenaline campaign:
1. Prize Draw One: current Members – those who are already fully paid AA Members before 12:00am 30 July 2021 NZST – will be in the draw to win one AA and Jono Lester Experience prize pack. Standard AA Members will get one entry and AA Plus Members will get two entries in this prize draw.
2. Prize Draw Two: new Members – those who have joined up as fully paid new AA Members during the promotion period (between 12:00am 30 July 2021 NZST and 12:00pm 31 August 2021 NZST) – will be entered into the prize draw to win one AA and Jono Lester Experience prize pack. New standard AA Members will get one entry and new AA Plus Members will get two entries in this prize draw.
3. Only one application is permitted per person.
c) Promotion Period: This promotion starts at 12:00am 30 July 2021 NZST and ends on 12:00pm 31 August 2021 NZST.
d) Prize: Each AA and Jono Lester Experience prize pack consists of two tickets to the NZ Championship (NZ Endurance Series Final on the 19th and 20th November 2021), VIP access to Jono Lester’s team pit, once in a lifetime hot lap with Jono Lester (on a date to be specified), and go kart session for two at Hampton Downs.
e) Prize Third Party Conditions: The Prize provides access to experiences or events, or where any third party is involved in providing the Prize (“Third Party”):
i. Your use of the Prize is subject to any Third Party’s terms that may apply, including restrictions on access to venues. You agree that the Promoter and any Third Party are not responsible for any refused entry, cancellations or changes to any events; lost, stolen or damaged tickets or vouchers; incorrectly completed, lost, delayed or unprocessed online purchases; or the validity of any tickets or vouchers.
ii. Tickets and vouchers are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash and cannot be transferred or sold without the prior written consent of the Promoter or any relevant Third Party. It is your responsibility to ensure that tickets or vouchers are used before any specified expiry date.
iii. Any expenses (including travel, accommodation, food and beverage and any other costs) incurred in relation to accepting or using the Prize is your and your guest’s responsibility.
iv. Any guests that accompany you to events will be deemed to have accepted these terms.
v. Promoter (and any relevant Third Party) makes no guarantee as to the quality and/or availability of the Prize, and is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered, including but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss, or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or using the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
f) Prize Redemption: The Promoter will contact the winner via direct message with details of the prize redemption process.
g) Winner Announcements: Winners will be announced on 27 September 2021.
h) Winner Contact: If the Promoter, having made up to 3 attempts via direct message to contact the winner, is unable to do so 7 calendar days after the announcement date, then the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be drawn.
7) Hot Lap with Jono Lester:
a) All persons seeking to take a Hot Lap with Jono Lester agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. A breach of the Terms and Conditions may result in the Promoter and any relevant Third Party to refuse a Hot Lap to any Hot Lap Participant (‘Participant’).
b) The Promoter and any relevant Third Party reserves the absolute and unfettered right to refuse a Hot Lap to any Hot Lap Participant (‘Participant’) for a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any other reason that the third party deems reasonable.
c) Participants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of taking the Hot Lap.
d) Participants must adhere to the following restrictions:
i. Minimum height: 135cm
ii. Maximum height: 187cm
iii. Maximum weight: 120kg
e) Participant understands and accepts the nature and extent of the inherent risks involved in motor sport including the possibility of death, bodily injury, loss, and property damage.
f) In the event of death, personal injury and/or any other loss suffered, Participant waives all claims for damages and holds the Promoter and any relevant Third Party harmless and unconditionally releases the Promoter, its officers, employees or agents from all legal liability to the full extent permitted by law.
g) By participating in the Hot Lap, the Participant hereby declares himself, herself or themselves free of any physical or mental disability, disease or condition which could affect his/her/their safe participation.
h) Hot Laps must not be taken by any person with a pre-existing heart ailment or injury or any impediment that may prevent a Participant from being able to exit the race car without assistance.
i) Pregnant women must not take a Hot Lap.
j) Participants are required to sign an indemnity form prior to the commencement of a Hot Lap, releasing to the extent permitted by law the Promoter from any liability in relation to the Participant’s undertaking of the Hot Lap.
k) Participants must follow all instructions given by the relevant Third Party on the day of the Hot Lap taking place.
l) The dates, locations and times of days on which Hot Laps are conducted are not negotiable.
m) Participants acknowledge that the ability of the Promoter and any relevant Third Party to deliver Hot Laps may from time to time be at the discretion of government restrictions recommended or imposed in relation to managing the risks of the Covid-19 pandemic. In such instances, the Promoter and Third Party is not liable for the failure or partial failure of delivery of such products or services. Participants accept that they may forfeit their Hot Lap and such Hot Lap will not be delivered in proceeding years.
8) Participants acknowledge that the ability of the Promoter and any relevant Third Party to deliver any or all aspects of the Prize pack may from time to time be at the discretion of government restrictions recommended or imposed in relation to managing the risks of the Covid-19 pandemic. In such instances, the Promoter and Third Party is not liable for the failure or partial failure of delivery of such products or services. Participants accept that the Prize pack may be altered if this occurs.
9) If a winner does not accept a prize, the prize will be forfeited and a further draw will be conducted from the remaining entries.
10) The prize must be taken as offered and cannot be redeemed for cash and is neither transferable nor exchangeable, except at the Promoter’s sole discretion. All other expenses associated with the prize is the responsibility of the winner.
11) By accepting the prize, you agree to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing activities relating to the prize including but not limited to being interviewed or photographed. The Promoter reserves the right to use your comments, image and name for advertising and publicity purposes in any media, including but not limited to national newspapers, magazines, radio, television and online, in perpetuity without compensation.
12) In determining the prize winner, the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13) By entering this promotion you agree that the Promoter may use the personal information collected from you:
a) To conduct this promotion, including determining and notifying the winners and disclosing that information to the prize suppliers and, as required, to regulatory authorities; and
14) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, and in its sole discretion to
a) request entrants to provide proof of identity and/or proof of valid entry;
b) disqualify any entrant reasonably believed to have breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper conduct or any conduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion;
c) cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion If this promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason;
d) provide a winner with an alternative prize (or part of a prize), of greater or equal monetary value and/or specification if for any reason a prize becomes unavailable.
e) take any action that may be available if for any reason, the Promoter is not able to conduct the promotion as planned, including due to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, any technical difficulties or any other causes beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion.
15) To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter:
a) assumes no responsibility for:
i. any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries;
ii. any entries not received for any reason during the promotion period;
iii. any variation in the value of a prize;
iv. any tax liabilities that may arise from winning the prize;
v. any prize that may be lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way after it leaves its possession;
vi. any loss (including indirect and consequential loss) or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Promotion including the supply of goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s), and where applicable to any persons accompanying the prize winner(s);
b) excludes all warranties in relation to the quality, suitability or merchantability of a prize; and
c) limits its liability, and that of its employees or agents, for breach of any rights the winner may have to the payment of the costs of having the prize supplied again.