Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. If you have any queries at all, phone us on 0800 500 444. We'll be happy to guide and advise you.
Social Media Policy
We encourage open participation in our social communities, and welcome your posts and comments.
Please note that what is expressed in these communities does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the New Zealand Automobile Association Incorporated or its associated companies (“NZAA”).
It is important to respect others in the community and therefore we reserve the right to moderate any comments or posts that we consider to be abusive, defamatory, derogatory, spam, in breach of any industry codes or guidelines, or which are otherwise deemed inappropriate by our moderators.
If you see something in any of our social communities that you find offensive please report it to us.
To protect your security and privacy, please do not share any personal, confidential or sensitive information such as your Membership number on social media. NZAA will never ask you to post secure information such as account or credit card details, passwords or PIN numbers.
Social Media Competition Terms
1) By entering an NZAA Facebook or Instagram competition (Social Media Competition) you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions as amended or modified from time to time, and any terms and conditions provided in the relevant Social Media Competition post.
2) To be eligible for entry into a Social Media Competition you must:
a) be available to receive your prize in New Zealand;
b) be aged 14 years or over;
c) if aged 14 years or over, but under 18 years, obtain the consent of your parent or legal guardian;
d) follow all instructions outlined in the relevant Social Media Competition post;
e) only enter in your own name;
f) not be a member of staff of NZAA (including its related companies) or an immediate family member of staff.
3) Each Social Media Competition will be open for entry until the closing date and subject to any conditions or instructions stated in the relevant Social Media Competition post.
4) To the extent of any inconsistency in the information shown on a Social Media Competition post and these Social Media Competition Terms, these Terms will prevail.
5) Unless otherwise expressed, a random draw will determine the winner for each competition. This will take place after the closing date stipulated in the relevant Social Media Competition post.
6) Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, illegible or incomprehensible entries (including entries where any photograph attachment is corrupt or unable to be opened by NZAA) will be deemed invalid.
7) The prize for each Social Media Competition will be stipulated in the relevant Social Media Competition post.
8) A prize will be sent within a reasonable time of NZAA or its agent being notified of the winner’s postal address. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. NZAA accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value.
9) If a prize winner is under 18 at the time of winning, NZAA may, at its sole discretion, provide the prize to a parent or legal guardian of the prize winner.
10) By uploading or submitting content (such as text, data, images, photos or names) to a Social Media Competition, you represent that you have right to use, upload and/or submit the content.
11) Entries must not contain any content, element or material that is offensive or inappropriate in any way, or which violates a third party’s privacy, intellectual property or other rights.
12) NZAA reserves the right to request entrant produce appropriate photo identification or any other documentation in order to confirm the entrant’s eligibility to enter the Social Media Competition before issuing a prize.
13) NZAA accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
14) By entering a Social Media Competition you agree to:
a) the announcement of your name as the winner in any media as the NZAA determines suitable;
b) participation in any reasonable publicity in relation to the relevant Social Media Competition;
15) NZAA’s decision on all matters relating to a Social Media Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16) If for any reason, NZAA are not able to conduct a prize draw as planned, including due to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, any technical difficulties or any other causes beyond NZAA’s control, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this prize draw, NZAA reserve the right to take any action that may be available.
17) NZAA will not be liable for any loss, claim, cost, expense, liability or injury (‘Loss’) suffered by any person in any way associated with a Social Media Competition including as a result of entry into a Social Media Competition or winning a Social Media Competition prize, except where such Loss cannot be excluded by law.
18) Nothing in these Terms excludes your statutory rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
19) NZAA reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions and to extend, postpone or cancel a Social Media Competition at any time.
20) These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
21) NZAA’s Social Media Competitions are in no way endorsed, sponsored or administered by the social media platforms on which they are advertised. NZAA claims no responsibility for social media platform availability to enter a Social Media Competition.
22) Unless otherwise indicated on the post, NZAA Social Media Competitions are run by the New Zealand Automobile Association Incorporated with its registered office at Level 17, AA Centre, 99 Albert Street, Auckland, New Zealand.
23) AA Membership and AA Member Benefit terms and conditions apply.
24) For any queries regarding a Social Media Competition contact: [email protected]