How to make a claim
To make a claim please click here to be taken to our Online Claims Portal.
As part of your claim you may be required to:
1. Provide us with supporting documentation such as original invoices, receipts, and other vouchers relating to your expenses or loss.
2. Produce your policy details.
3. Provide us with all the information we require to enable us to consider the claim.
What documentation is required to make a claim?
You must give us any information we reasonably ask for to support your claim at your expense, such as, but not limited to, police reports, valuations, medical reports, receipts or proof of ownership. If required, we may ask you to provide us with translations into English of such documents to enable us to carry out our assessment of your claim.
• For loss or theft of your baggage or personal effects, you should notify the local police or local government authority with 24 hours and you must obtain a copy of the incident report.
• For damage or misplacement of your baggage or personal effects caused by the airline or any other operator or accommodation provider, report the damage or misplacement to an appropriate official and obtain a written report, including any offer of settlement that they make.
• For medical or dental claims please contact Allianz Partners as soon as practicable and ensure that you retain all reports, receipts, doctor’s certificates and other information.
Important claims information
We will pay all claims in New Zealand dollars. We will pay you unless you tell us to pay someone else. The rate of currency exchange that will apply is the rate at the time you incurred the expense.
Depreciation will be applied to claims for Luggage and Personal Effects at such rates as reasonably determined by Allianz Partners. If you can make a claim against someone in relation to a loss or expense covered under this policy and you do not get paid the full amount of your claim, we will make up the difference. You must claim from them first.