Kiwis love a great adventure
Whether it's hitting the ski slopes, the walking trails, the wineries or the beaches there's so much of New Zealand to explore!
You’ll have access to great benefits such as cancellation, travel disruption, medical, baggage and rental vehicle excess coverage.
Why purchase domestic travel insurance?
Travel disruptions, delays, or even just a flat tyre can derail travel plans and throw an expensive spanner in the works.
Purchasing domestic cover with AA Travel Insurance provides cover for:
- Missed connections/travel delays
- Loss of deposits/cancellation
- Rental vehicle excess cover
- Replacement cover on baggage items less than 2 years old
Most importantly, you can rest assured knowing that help is just a phone call away when you need it – wherever in New Zealand you are.
Plus, both policies also offer:
- Allianz Partners' emergency assistance network available 24/7
- Medical and repatriation expenses
- Cover for dependent children less than 21 years
- Recreational sports covered including: leisure skiing and snowboarding, scuba diving (with PADI or NAUI qualification), hot air ballooning, parasailing and paragliding, bungee jumping and white-water rafting in grade four or less rivers
*Terms and conditions
- Current AA Members receive a 10% discount when entering a valid AA Membership number. The 10% discount applies to our standard pricing and any additional premium for pre-existing medical cover, but does not apply to any additional premium for specified items. Please refer to the Policy Wording for terms, conditions, limits and exclusions.
This insurance is issued and managed by AWP Services New Zealand Limited trading as Allianz Partners and underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 (Incorporated in Australia) trading as Allianz New Zealand. You should consider the Policy Wording before making any decisions about this travel insurance policy.
For further information on Allianz Australia Insurance Limited's financial strength rating, please refer to the following Financial Strength Rating and Overseas Policy Holder Preference Disclosure Notice.
Allianz Australia Insurance Limited has an AA- insurer financial strength rating given by Standard & Poor's (Australia) Pty Limited.
The rating scale* in summary form is:
AAA Extremely Strong, BBB Good, CCC Very Weak
AA Very Strong, BB Marginal, CC Extremely Weak
A Strong, B Weak, R Regulatory Action
Plus (+) or minus (-): Ratings from "AA" to "CCC" may be modified by the addition of a plus (+) or minus (-) sign to show relative standings within the major rating categories.
*A full description of the rating scale is available via www.allianz.co.nz/insurer-rating.
An overseas policyholder preference applies. Under Australian law, if Allianz Australia Insurance Limited is wound up, its assets in Australia must be applied to its Australian liabilities before they can be applied to overseas liabilities. To this extent, New Zealand policyholders may not be able to rely on Allianz Australia Insurance Limited's Australian assets to satisfy New Zealand liabilities.