AA Home Response and AA Home Book a Job – Services Summary
Availability of both AA Home Response and AA Home Book a Job services varies depending on the government Alert Level in your region. Restrictions may apply. Please see below for more details.
Alert Levels 3 & 2
AA Home Response is available for a full range of services for emergency home response callouts covering a range of plumbing, locksmith and electrical incidents. Extra safety precautions will be in place and discussed with you at the time of booking. For a full list of what is covered, head here.
AA Home Book a Job returns to normal service with extra safety precautions in place. If you have an existing booking effected by the latest Level 4 lockdown our team will be in touch to re-book. For new bookings there may be a delay whilst our tradespeople catch up with lockdown effected work and we appreciate your patience whilst this takes place. Click here for more information about AA Home Book a Job.
AA Home Response Callout times and charges
Business hours for callouts will continue to be Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 4.30pm.
Our usual target response time of within 60 minutes may be longer than normal.
Home Response and Home Response Gift (AA Insurance home and landlord policy holders): Hourly rates and charges all remain the same and depend on their location and time of call out.
Please refer to our website for more information.
For both AA Home Response and AA Home Book a Job services
What our tradespeople will be doing to protect anyone booking a callout
As guided by the Ministry of Health, all our tradespeople have been asked to comply with the safe operating procedures set out including:
- Staying home if they feel unwell.
- Using disposable gloves, masks and wipes when attending people’s homes.
- Cleaning and wiping down all tools, work surfaces and high touch places on their vehicles.
- Regularly washing their hands with soap and water and drying them thoroughly, or using hand sanitiser.
What anyone requesting an emergency job must do to protect our tradespeople
If a tradesperson is going to visit your home, you and any members of your household must maintain a 2 metre safe distance at all times. We ask all household members to remain in a different room of the house while the job is being assessed and, where possible, completed.
The Ministry of Health has stated that the symptoms of COVID-19 can include one or more of the following:
- sneezing and runny nose
- a new or worsening cough
- sore throat
- a fever of at least 38°C
- shortness of breath
- temporary loss of smell or altered sense of taste
- muscle pain or body aches
- nausea and vomiting.
If the person requesting a callout has any of the below we ask that they delay their callout or schedule their job with us at a time following the lockdown period.
- Experiencing any COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms (as stated above)
- Been overseas or in contact with anyone who has, in the last 30 days
- Are considered close contacts from this latest COVID-19 outbreak and are currently in self-isolation for 14 days
- Are awaiting results from a COVID-19 test due to any of the above? is awaiting a COVID-19 test results, or has returned or been in contact with anyone from overseas in the last 30 days.
If they cannot delay their callout, they need to make the customer service representative they speak with aware of their situation. We will update the trade company with this information and it is then up to them as to whether they will attend that emergency or not given these additional circumstances.
Alert Level 4
AA Home Response operates as plumbing, locksmith and electrical services are classified as an essential service for emergency work only. We are therefore only allowed to provide these services if they are immediately needed to maintain human health and safety in your home.
AA Home Book a Job scheduled services will not be operating as these are not deemed to be emergency work.
AA Home Response – What will be covered
The emergencies we are legally allowed to attend include:
- The repair/replacement of hot water cylinders/water heaters that have failed as the hot water will be required for sanitation purposes.
- The unblocking and repair/replacement of sanitary waste pipes where there is an immediate threat to human health and safety.
- The repair/replacement of water pipes where there is an immediate threat to human health and safety.
- The repair/replacement of hot water cylinder required for sanitation purposes.
- The repair or replacement of electrical installations where there is an immediate threat to the human health and safety.
- Broken locks for doors or windows where there is an immediate threat to human health and safety.
We are not permitted to attend non-emergency jobs such as minor tap leaks, replacement of washers, replacing fixtures that are currently in good working order or routine servicing.
Smashed glass will not be covered during this time
The trades set out above cannot attend this type of emergency under the alert level 4 conditions as set out by the New Zealand Government. If a call is received about this the caller will have to be asked to contact their insurance company or a local glazier.
Please note: The services and terms set out in this summary reflect the current level procedures as set out at www.COVID19.govt.nz and are subject to change as per the conditions on this website.