With most of us still at home everything in our homes will be used more frequently, which may result in higher utility bills and more wear and tear.
Expect higher power and water bills and some items may not handle the over usage. Try to limit your usage of all items within your home.
Here are some tips from our team:
- Dust and clean regularly - dust can cause damage to electronic components.
- Do not overload power points by using more than one multi box. You should only use a multi box that has a built in 10amp circuit breaker.
- Have less and shorter showers.
- Limit your oven usage and turn it off before you need to.
- Never leave chargers switched on at the power supplies when not needed.
- Use a quick wash when doing laundry and even try a cold wash.
- If you are able, check that your gutters are clear; if they are blocked, water can flood into your home.
- Use some CRC or WD40 to lubricate your locks and hinges on doors and windows; this will help prevent any breakages.
- Do not use any electric blankets that have not been checked by a certified person/electrician.
- Open windows and doors to keep your home well ventilated.