If you own or buy a second-hand car, make sure you're covered for unforeseen mechanical breakdowns.
Call 0800 670 670
Why to choose AA Mechanical Breakdown Insurance
- Cover for specified mechanical or electrical breakdowns (terms and conditions apply)
- Replacement of consumable items if they are required (terms and conditions apply)
- A choice of 12, 24 and 36 months of cover
- 30 day money back guarantee as long as you have not made a claim under the policy
- A quality guarantee for all repairs authorised and carried out under the policy
|Policy term||Standard vehicle||Special category||European|
|12 months cover||$499||$699||$799|
|24 months cover||$599||$799||$998|
|36 months cover||$799||$998||$1,199|
|Up to 150,000 km||$5,000||$5,000||$5,000|
- These claim entitlement limits include GST.
- The odometer reading is as at the date of commencement of the policy.
Petrol powered vehicles 12 years old and less having travelled less than 150,000 kms at commencement of cover other than those listed in the special category vehicles and European vehicles sections, and not listed in excluded vehicles (see terms and conditions).
Special category vehicles
Vehicles 12 years old and less having travelled less than 150,000 kms at commencement of cover falling into the following categories: turbo and supercharged vehicles, vehicles manufactured in the USA, diesel powered vehicles, hybrid vehicles and Mazda RX8.
Diesel or petrol powered vehicles, manufactured in Europe, 12 years old and less that have travelled less than 150,000 kms at commencement of cover including but not limited to: Alfa Romeo, Audi, BMW, Citroen, Daimler, Fiat, Jaguar, Lancia, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, MG, Mini, Opel, Peugeot, Renault, Seat, Skoda, Vauxhall, Volvo and Volkswagen.
Please note: pre-existing faults and modified cars are not covered by AA MBI.
Do it online
Need to make a claim?
Call 0800 809 700
Need to book an inspection?
Call 0800 500 333 and select option 1
Book an AA Vehicle Inspection (from $169).