Essentials covers the main risks faced by a traveller with restricted benefits and lower policy limits. Available for travellers up to 70 years. It even covers recreational sports coverage and rental vehicle excess cover.
Comprehensive is our top of the range product with higher limits and extended benefits for peace of mind while travelling. This policy offers specified item coverage, a no excess option and private hospital care in Australia and the UK.
For those who travel overseas regularly during the year, this option covers all trips (up to 60 days duration per trip) taken during a 12 month period. Available for travellers up to 70 years of age.
AA Travel Insurance
Travel insurance you can rely on.
Heading overseas? Don't forget to cover your holiday. Here at AA Traveller we want to help you compare travel insurance plans quickly and easily.
Even the most carefully planned trip can go unexpectedly wrong. Regardless of how careful you are, some events are simply beyond your control. With AA Travel Insurance, help is just a phone call away. This means you can get on with enjoying your holiday, or at least have a safe return home.
It is important to us to give you choice and flexibility in cover that best suits your needs. We offer you the following three policies – Essentials, Comprehensive and Frequent Traveller.
If you're travelling around New Zealand we also offer options for domestic travel insurance.
All of these policies offer
- Allianz Partners' worldwide network of emergency assistance available 24/7
- Medical and repatriation expenses
- Replacement cover on baggage items less than 2 years old
- Missed connections/travel delays
- Loss of deposits/cancellation
- Cover for dependent children less than 21 years
- Rental vehicle excess cover
- Recreational sports covered including: leisure skiing and snowboarding, scuba diving (with PADI or NAUI qualification), hot air ballooning, parasailing and paragliding, bungee jumping and white-water rafting in grade four or less rivers
*Terms and conditions
- Current AA Members receive a 10% discount when entering a valid AA Membership number. The 10% discount applies to our standard pricing and any additional premium for pre-existing medical cover, but does not apply to any additional premium for specified items.
This insurance is issued and managed by AWP Services New Zealand Limited trading as Allianz Partners and underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 (Incorporated in Australia) trading as Allianz New Zealand. You should consider the Policy Wording before making any decisions about this travel insurance policy.
For further information on Allianz Australia Insurance Limited's financial strength rating, please refer to the following Financial Strength Rating and Overseas Policy Holder Preference Disclosure Notice.
Allianz Australia Insurance Limited has an AA- insurer financial strength rating given by Standard & Poor's (Australia) Pty Limited.
The rating scale* in summary form is:
AAA Extremely Strong, BBB Good, CCC Very Weak
AA Very Strong, BB Marginal, CC Extremely Weak
A Strong, B Weak, R Regulatory Action
Plus (+) or minus (-): Ratings from "AA" to "CCC" may be modified by the addition of a plus (+) or minus (-) sign to show relative standings within the major rating categories.
*A full description of the rating scale is available via www.allianz.co.nz/insurer-rating.
An overseas policyholder preference applies. Under Australian law, if Allianz Australia Insurance Limited is wound up, its assets in Australia must be applied to its Australian liabilities before they can be applied to overseas liabilities. To this extent, New Zealand policyholders may not be able to rely on Allianz Australia Insurance Limited's Australian assets to satisfy New Zealand liabilities.