Make a Claim

How to claim on your policy

We understand that things can go unexpectedly wrong on even the most carefully planned trips, and that getting help is a priority.

To make the process go smoothly, submit your claim as soon as possible, with all the details and documentation needed to support it, for example, police reports, valuations, medical reports, receipts or proof of ownership.

Make a claim

Claim online

Download our claim form to submit via email or post

Phone 0800 630 115

Email [email protected]

Our insurance partner

AA Travel Insurance policies are brought to you by the New Zealand Automobile Association Incorporated (AA), are issued and managed by AWP Services New Zealand Limited trading as Allianz Partners, underwritten by The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd ABN 78 090 584 473 (Incorporated in Australia), (“Hollard”). Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. These are set out in the Policy Wording which you should read before making any decisions about an AA Travel Insurance Policy.

Financial Strength Rating

The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd ABN 78 090 584 473 (Incorporated in Australia), (“Hollard”), Level 26, 188 Quay Street, Auckland 1010 has been given a financial strength rating of A- (Excellent) issued by A.M. Best Company Inc.

An overseas policyholder preference applies. Under Australian law, if The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd is wound up, its assets in Australia must be applied to its Australian liabilities before they can be applied to overseas liabilities. To this extent, New Zealand policyholders may not be able to rely on The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd’s Australian assets to satisfy New Zealand liabilities.

Financial advice

Our website provides general information about products and services to help you make choices when it comes to protecting the things in life that really matter. The information doesn’t take into account your specific financial situation, needs or goals and is not intended to be financial advice.

If you'd like to receive financial advice, you can get professional advice from an registered financial adviser.