Dog Insurance. Woof!
Cover to get your tail wagging.
AA Pet Insurance provides cover for your dog, so that if illness or injury strikes, you have help to get the necessary treatment sorted for your four-legged friend.
Dogs come in all shapes and sizes, and they all have different needs. That’s why we’ve made our plan flexible, so you can choose the benefit level and excess that works for you.
Our dog insurance application process is quick so that you can get back to looking after the things your canine mate needs - health, happiness and walkies!
How we can help your dog
We often cover our health by getting health insurance, but do dogs really need pet insurance? Our dog insurance covers both the ‘serious stuff’, as well as day-to-day injuries that may happen when you least expect it. Here are some common things we can cover**:
- Swallowed objects
- Blistered paws from walking on hot surfaces
- Skin conditions
- Poisoning – don’t forget that common things like choccies can be harmful!
- Cruciate ligament injury
- Car accidents
We also cover times when your dog gets sick and needs comprehensive tests or surgery. If this happens, we can help you with costs for hospitalisation, surgery, lab and diagnostic tests, and even cancer treatment.
** Subject to policy, terms, exclusions and limits.
Be confident knowing what your dog insurance covers
Pet insurance can help cover unforeseen vet bills from accidental injuries and illness. We want to make sure you’re confident in knowing what your dog is and isn’t covered for. That means reading your policy wording to understand the benefits as well as your responsibilities, and the cover limits and exclusions of your policy. You should refer to the full Policy Wording to check what is and isn’t covered.
- We cover 80% of eligible vet bills up to your selected Annual Benefit Limit. A 20% co-payment applies per claim, and applicable excess may apply.
- There is one excess per condition each policy year. If you’re making multiple claims for the same ongoing condition, you’ll only be charged one excess per policy year. However, a separate excess will be applied if your dog needs care for different conditions.
- If your dog has a chronic medical condition, cover isn’t available for any costs associated with that condition. However, you can apply to have other pre-existing conditions reviewed if your dog has been symptom-free for 18 months.
- Some benefits have waiting periods, which means that you have to wait a certain time before you can claim on it. Waiting periods will vary between different benefits and listed conditions. For details on what these are, please refer to your Policy Wording.
- Your premium is likely to increase, as your dog gets older.
Table of Benefits
Accidental Injuries and Illness Conditions
Up to your selected Annual Benefit Limit
|Cruciate Ligament Conditions Sub Limit||$3,200|
|Consultation Fees Sub Limit||$300|
|Dental Illness Sub Limit||$600|
|Emergency Boarding Sub Limit||$1,500|
|Intervertebral Disc Disease Sub Limit||$4,000|
|Waiting Periods||14 Days for Illness Conditions
6 Months for Cruciate Ligament Conditions
6 Months for Dental Illness Conditions
0 Days for Accidental Injury
|Paw Care Package||Claim a maximum of $100 a year (total) for: Desexing
Dew claw removal
Blood test & screening
Cremation or burial
This is a summary only. Benefit limits, sub-limits, conditions, waiting periods and exclusions apply. For full details please refer to the Policy Wording.
Have a question?
Our friendly, pet-loving team are here to help. Give them a call to learn more about the policy. We’re available 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (except public holidays).