The AA’s National Council is the paramount governing body of the Association. It comprises one representative from each of the AA’s 17 District Councils.
The National Council meets quarterly to consider matters of national policy and to receive reports from the Board and Chief Executive.
The National Council has delegated authority over the AA’s commercial affairs to the Board, which consists of the President, Vice President and six other members elected from past and sitting National Councillors.
The Chief Executive and Association Secretary also attend meetings of the National Council.
AA National Councillors and their Districts
Here is a list of current AA National Councillors, and the Districts they represent:
- Steve Westgate – Northland
- Michelle Corse-Scott – Auckland
- Andrew McKillop – Waikato
- Stacey King – Bay of Plenty
- Graham O'Brien – Taranaki
- David Murray – Hawke’s Bay / Gisborne
- John Unsworth – Wanganui
- Garry Goodman – Manawatu
- Martin Napier – Wairarapa
- Geordie Cassin – Wellington
- Allan Kneale – Nelson
- Mike Petersen – Marlborough
- John Skevington – Canterbury / West Coast
- Roger Carter – South Canterbury
- Martin McFelin – North Otago
- Jeff Donaldson – Otago
- Doug Davidson – Southland