The AA’s National Council is the paramount governing body of the Association. It comprises one representative from each of the AA’s 17 District Councils.
The National Council meets quarterly to consider matters of national policy and to receive reports from the Board and Chief Executive.
The National Council has delegated authority over the AA’s commercial affairs to the Board, which consists of the President, Vice President and six other members elected from past and sitting National Councillors.
The Chief Executive and Association Secretary also attend meetings of the National Council.
AA National Councillors and their Districts
Here is a list of current AA National Councillors, and the Districts they represent:
- Steve Westgate – Northland
- Mark Yates – Auckland
- Pip Edwards – Waikato
- Stacey Spall – Bay of Plenty
- Graham O'Brien – Taranaki
- Paul Michaelsen – Hawke’s Bay / Gisborne
- John Unsworth – Whanganui
- Garry Goodman – Manawatu
- Neil Wadham – Wairarapa
- Geordie Cassin – Wellington
- Gavin Calder – Nelson
- Robyn Gardener – Marlborough
- Roy Hughes – Canterbury / West Coast
- Antoni Facey – South Canterbury
- Martin McFelin – North Otago
- Malcolm Budd – Otago
- Grant McDonald – Southland