Making a Claim
How to claim on your policy
We make the claims process simple so you can focus on recovering while we look after your claim. By choosing a specialist from the nib First Choice Network, you will have 100% of your eligible costs covered (up to your benefit limit and in line with your policy.) Plus, many health partners can also take care of the paperwork for you.
If you choose a non-First Choice provider you may have to contribute towards the costs of your treatment, in addition to any policy excess or other out-of-pocket expenses that apply. This is referred to as a 'gap payment' - the difference between the amount the provider charges and the amount we will pay for their services and treatments.
Making a claim
For Everyday cover claims, you can claim online through your AA Health Insurance account. Simply add scanned copies or photos of your documents.
For our Private Hospital and Private Hospital and Specialist covers, we need a bit more info. Here's a checklist of the things that will come in handy:
- Invoice marked paid or receipt for each claim item, or estimate of costs if you haven't had the procedure yet.
- Referral letter and/or medical report from your GP or other health provider.
- Specialist letter, if applicable.
- ACC decision letter and ARTP-Assessment report, if applicable.
- You will also need your bank account details for a refund, if applicable.
Make a payment request for procedures that have already taken place, including your pre-approved claims.
If your procedure is taking place within five days, please call our Claims team on 0800 758 758.