Make a Claim

How to claim on your policy

We want to make the claims process as easy as possible for you and your loved ones at a difficult time. You or your beneficiary will need to contact us so we can guide you through this process.

As part of this process, we’ll need to receive some evidence. Below is a guide of what that might include, but there may be other things we’ll need depending on your situation.

To make a claim:

   Step-by-step guide

Here's a step-by-step guide on how you or your loved ones can make a claim.

call us icon    Phone

0800 874 444

email us icon    Email

mail us icon    Mail

Asteron Life Claims, PO Box 894, Wellington 6140.

Information we'll need:

The information we need will vary depending on the type of claim that's being made.

For Life, Funeral and Accidental Death claims, you'll typically need:

  • A properly completed claim form
  • Proof of death if a death claim has been made
  • Acceptable evidence of the identity and legal title of the person making the claim
  • Any other information we need to assess the claim

For Cancer Care, it's important to advise us of any cancer diagnosis as soon as possible. Any delays in letting us know could affect our ability to assess your claim.

Our insurance partner

AA Life Insurance policies are brought to you by the New Zealand Automobile Association Incorporated and underwritten by Asteron Life Limited.

Financial strength rating

Asteron Life Limited has been given an A+ financial strength rating by Standard & Poor’s.

Financial advice

Our website provides general information about our products and services to help you make choices when it comes to protecting the things in life that really matter. The information doesn’t take into account your specific financial situation, needs or goals and is not intended to be financial advice.

If you'd like to receive financial advice, you can get professional advice from a registered financial adviser. Alternatively, we also partner with Asteron Life to offer a range of policies designed to help you protect your income, life and lifestyle. For more information, or to book an appointment with one of our Insurance Advisers, click here.